USB vs BT Playback in Android Auto

Disturbd1

Before I begin, here's relevant info about my setup. I'll also include screenshots of my settings, as I'm not keen on interpreting what's set vs what it means.

Poweramp: v3-build-884-arm64-play [884004-9876041fv3-build-884-arm64-play [884004-9876041f]

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G

This issue is twofold, and I do not believe it to be an Android issue, but maybe it is? It didn't occur on my previous device, also on Android 10.

I use my phone for Android Auto purposes when I drive. Like most, that means music and navigation. Having Poweramp playback when I drive is among my favorite things in life. However, it's not without its kinks, and I'd like to get to the bottom of them. Either the program doesn't behave the way I perceive it should based on settings, Android itself is a nuisance, or there is some other element at play. I typically connect through USB before I start my car. BT ALWAYS connects before the USB interface is detected and communicates with my infotainment system (VW Golf R, MK7). There are two things that happen - and not every time I use the device - that I can't figure out:

1. During initial connection and the resulting playback, it is favoring bluetooth playback instead of over the USB. I know this because when it connects successfully and begins playback over USB instead, regardless of the volume I set in Poweramp, the actual playback volume doesn't change whatsoever. It's clearer, more crisp, louder, and a higher fidelity. SOMETIMES, if I'm lucky and I time it right, by turning BT off before connecting USB, it is properly detected and playback is beautiful. That happens successfully about 1 out of every 10+ attempts, and is dependent on whether I have the time to go through those steps.

2. Upon disconnection, again not every time but most times, playback stops from my car but blares from my phone's loudspeaker for a brief moment. Poweramp then seems to "catch up" to the change in output devices (the car output no longer being connected), and pauses playback. Or - in the worst-case scenario - it will NOT stop after briefly continuing to blare through my phone's loudspeakers. 

*I also submitted a related bug report in the appropriate section of the forum regarding Poweramp not respecting settings with regards to notifications*

If you've read this far, you're a saint. These little kinks drive me bonkers and I want to know how to get it to consistently favor USB hi-res output because my car's BT isn't capable of supporting the codecs and there is a noticeable difference in quality. Same with the surprise brief blaring after disconnecting. Thanks in advance for any notes!

Screenshot_20201007-140225_Poweramp.jpg

20201007_140308.jpg

20201007_140406.jpg

20201007_140430.jpg

20201007_140441.jpg

20201007_140452.jpg

20201007_140503.jpg

Archived