Jump to content

Song not importing with tag data


Recommended Posts

Does it not appear in your Library at all, or it's there but just with the filename only without title/artist/etc data? What file format? If it appears but has no data, and a Full Rescan does not help, please could you upload a copy for checking (a temporary Google Drive or Dropbox link would be fine)?

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites

Works fine for me. The only slightly odd (trivial) thing seems to be it has a Disc Number tag (#1) but no Track Number.  

What happened when you renamed it, so PA would hopefully pick it up as a new track rather than referring to possibly broken cached data? 

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites

@missmelliss01 This is with music storied on an external USB drive, yes? And with most/all files, rather than just one (as was the original post here)? Does the same thing happen with either internal device memory or with a normal SD Card? What device/ROM/etc?

And you say you've tried wiping the whole library by pointing Settings > Library > Music Folders to an empty folder, then doing a FULL Rescan, and then setting Music Folders back to the normal location again and doing another FULL Rescan? And these are all separate files aren't they, no needless CUE files or anything like that? 

The next step would be to clear app data and try again from scratch - but remember to backup/export Settings and any internal Playlists that you might want to recover first.

There was another thread recently with similar external drive setup, might be worth having a read:

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never had music in my device memory but I will give it a try tomorrow and copy some over to test tthat. Yes, they are all separate files in a series of folders on my external drive. It was reading everything fine until I did the recent update to 884. Yes, I did everything just as you listed. I have an Allwinner Quad-Core T3 P1 K2001Q NWD S212701 Android 10 A23 Tablet Kernal V4.9,170 from Seicane with hardware sun8iw11p1 1024x600 pix. Thank you for referring me to the post... I will take a peek :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and no cue files. All album art is embedded. All tags are filled in as well. However, my songs are in files by artist name and not in the usual

"artist name/album/filename" format. So, songs are all in one folder by artist name by that artist. I copy my m3us from a folder off my computer that's music folder is identical to my music folder on my drive. Its mostly playlists that aren't reading the metadata. I have Musicbee on my computer. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but thought I'd throw it out there. Thank you for you help!

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, missmelliss01 said:

 I have Musicbee on my computer.

That might be the culprit, that has occasionally been known to mangle tags in a few previously reported cases. How do you copy your files to your mobile device, try doing it again as a clean PC to the device?

It might be worth trying Settings > Misc > File Access Legacy Mode, in case it's an issue with the speed that Android is providing the folder data to Poweramp. Size of folders doesn't matter to Poweramp, but it could slow down the directory read speed for Android.

Could you try uploading a sample file FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE (not the source file on your PC) in case there is an issue with the files?

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually never had copied files to my mobile device and have always played straight from the USB drive. My tablet is my car stereo and is a double din touchscreen. I copy the files onto my usb drive and take it out to the car and plug it in. I've always done it that way and there has never been a problem. Actually, I'm wondering if Poweramp was reading my cached files on the device before and now it isn't. I'll try it tomorrow and also send you a music file from the device. Thank you !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most likely PA is doing a scan before the USB drive is fully mounted. Try turning all the automated scan features off (in Settings > Library > Scanner) and then allow the USB drive time to settle down and then do another FULL Rescan. As the earlier poster in this thread found though, if that does not work - if for some reason PA is holding on to cached data - then a clear app data so everything is back to default might help, then manually scan again. Save any internal Playlists first though. 

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...