When watching Instagram stories with sounds, music stops incorrectly

Filoppi

If you are watching stories on Instagram and there are 2 in a raw with sound, Powerarm pauses the execution of music, like it's supposed to, but when you skip to the next story, the music restarts over the story sounds, which you won't be able to hear.
With other players like PlayerPro this works correctly, the music stays paused until you have finished looking at stories with sounds.
My guess is that Instagram sends a "resume music" event quickly followed by another "pause music" event when passing between 2 stories, and Poweramp just ignores the second one, probably because it still hasn't responded to the first or something like that.

• Poweramp v3-884 (playstore, beta, up to date)
  • Samsung S10
  • Android 10
  • One UI 2.1
  • Open Instagram, find a user with 2 stories that have sounds in a row, play them next to each other

Note that the problem has happened for like a year, it always had it.

Edited by Filoppi

• 1 year later...

I noticed that I have constantly been having problems with sound over the past six months on Instagram. Sometimes it just shut down and started working only if I restarted the application. If it's not difficult for you, could you drop a link to the branch where this problem was solved? I had to switch to TikTok because the lack of sound annoyed me. You know, I even joined the local community a little. I want to buy myself a TikFreeFollowers site to promote my account.  But I follow a lot of stars and my friends on Instagram, so I hope I can fix everything.

• 1 month later...

I know what you are talking about, I have the same problem, but it occurs when I pair my phone with my car audio system. Because of that, the sound on Instagram doesn't correspond with the video I am watching on my phone. I have no idea how to fix it, but to be honest, it doesn't bother me too much, and I can live with it. Talking about Instagram, not so long ago, I found about https://megafamous.com/ig-line-break-bio-caption-spacing-app; it is an app that helps you gain more followers and likes on your Instagram account.

11 minutes ago, Sonya Bloem said:

I know what you are talking about, I have the same problem, but it occurs when I pair my phone with my car audio system. Because of that, the sound on Instagram doesn't correspond with the video I am watching on my phone.

Poweramp doesn’t play video, or support Instagram. If there is a permanent focus taken away, Poweramp will pause. Perhaps the repeated actions the OP listed are generating this.

If you want to override the default feature, so music playback continues in the background, you can try turning off both the Short and Permanent audio focus changes in PA Settings => Audio => Audio Focus. Or if you want the reverse, make sure they are turned on.

Andre

• 1 month later...

I've had the same problem for a very long time. This bothers me a lot. I couldn't even look at my Instagram stories because this problem persists. I'm an Instagram influencer, and I was used to posting many Instagram stories with music, and I couldn't even see the result because while I was checking my Instagram stories, the music stopped. I also asked for help from my Instagram followers - I gathered them with the help of 1394TA, but no one could help me. But fortunately, the problem is gone, and everything has been fine for some time. I hope this problem doesn't come up again.

1 hour ago, marikogrammar said:

I've had the same problem for a very long time. This bothers me a lot. I couldn't even look at my Instagram stories because this problem persists. I'm an Instagram influencer, and I was used to posting many Instagram stories with music, and I couldn't even see the result because while I was checking my Instagram stories, the music stopped.

Nothing has changed with how Poweramp works with short and permanent audio focus requests by the Android OS. If any other app (i.e. Instagram) is in focus and has audio, then the OS will send a pause request to any other app that was previously in the lead and playing. Depending on how long that occurs, or the type of app being used, this could be a short or permanent pause. A short pause will let Poweramp resume after it ends, like a phone call. A permanent pause will tell Poweramp to pause and will not resume.

• 1 year later...

Hey, I've noticed that too! It can be frustrating when the music stops unexpectedly while watching Instagram stories. Hopefully, Instagram addresses this glitch soon. By the way, if you're ever looking to switch things up on Instagram, you might want to explore options where to buy ig account. Exploring different niches and connecting with new followers can be exciting.