Shuffle Just Categories from Albums Screen

vick1211

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there is a way to pick a random album from the "Library" -> "Albums" screen. Whenever I press the shuffle button it displays a message saying "Shuffle Songs and Categories" but I'd like to change this to only shuffle categories.
I've tried googling this and found some posts suggesting to hold down the shuffle button to change this: https://old.reddit.com/r/Poweramp/comments/d5zch0/poweramp_pauses_inbetween_albums_when_shuffling/
But whenever I long press on the small shuffle button in the Albums screen nothing happens. I've tried this on two devices.

When I'm already playing a song I am able to long press the shuffle button in the player screen and switch between the different shuffle modes but the button on the Albums screen still only acts as a "Shuffle Songs and Categories" button

Thanks

No, the Shuffle icon at the top of the Albums screen triggers full shuffling of albums/songs - i.e. an album will be chosen at random and all of its tracks will be played shuffled, then a new album chosen, etc.

The only place you can switch to 'Shuffle Categories' is from within the player screen (either tap to cycle, or long-press for a menu) as you have noted.

It is something that has been requested before though, and Max did mention that he will look into providing more options for the category-screen shuffle icon at some point in the future.

I'll move this post to Feature Requests.

Andre

Archived