Screen rotation causes cover art to revert to older track

Absinthequ

So i use my phone in mostly portrait mode, but in my car, using Poweramp in landscape mode. (Auto rotate is always on in android) (default in Poweramp) . In portrait mode I'll turn on Bluetooth and connect to the head unit, then open Poweramp from the widget and start to play a song. I rotate the phone to landscape and the majority of the time the artwork glitches and changes to a previously played song on my playlist. I usually click home to get out of Poweramp and the widget has the correct artwork. So i click the cover and I'm back into Poweramp with the correct artwork.

I follow this routine 2-3 times a day and it happens the majority of the time, but not every single time. It has been happening for as long as i can remember also. 

I mostly use external m3u playlists. Embedded artwork. Sony xperia z5 compact.

You probably wouldn't see this if you're playing an album with all the same artwork and not working from a huge playlist with 100's of songs. 

The artwork glitches In the player and in the widget. I leave the screen on when in the car so I'm not sure about in notification. But I use my music all day at work using bluetooth earbuds and I've never seen the wrong artwork in notification when l look at my phone.

I will try to pay better attention to see if I can replicate it.

I figured out how to replicate it. If i swipe to the next or previous song then rotate my phone to landscape mode, it auto rotates and glitches to the first song artwork i was on before the first swipe. Doesn't matter how many swipes, it goes back to the artwork before the first swipe. Works every time.

Song info also glitches to the first song before the first swipe.

7 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

The artwork glitches In the player and in the widget.

Just to eliminate possibilities, can you reproduced this in normal phone listening without car or bluetooth connection?

I can't seem to replicate it following the steps you outlined on my own phone anyway. Whatever I do with swiping tracks and then rotating the phone while playing a large playlist (originally launched from a widget), the current correct artwork is shown in both the player screen and widget.

Andre

It doesn't matter if I'm playing music or connected to Bluetooth. 

Close Poweramp, open from widget, swipe any direction, rotate phone, when Poweramp rotates, artwork and song info Revert to first song before any swipes.

If i click android square in bottom right corner to toggle to another app and just go back to Poweramp, artwork and info correct themselves 

(thread split out to the Bug Reports forum)

Sorry, I can't replicate this, whatever I try following your method. I've tried with playlists and regular category playback, shuffled or sequential play, launched from widget or from regular icon, etc. The image and text always stay matching the playing song.

Could you maybe send Max a logfile and/or post a video here? Log can be sent by doing the actions which create the issue for you and then immediately go to Settings > Get Support > Send Log and email the current log to gpmaxmpz @ gmail . com

Andre

Sure:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10BtcwhAUum3rBmlQzkwAhM10SFJ8Yn6k/view?usp=sharing

-Click on album art to Open Poweramp from widget
-Swipe a few songs
-rotate phone and wait for auto rotate
-Artwork and song info glitches to the first song before the swipes
-toggle as if I'm going to change to a different app
-go back to Poweramp
-Artwork and song info corrects itself
-rotate phone again and wait for auto rotate
-Artwork and song info glitches again to the first song before the swipes

By the way, if I am playing a song, the song doesn't change, just the artwork and song info. Also using Yap$ skin

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

(thread split out to the Bug Reports forum)

Sorry, I can't replicate this, whatever I try following your method. I've tried with playlists and regular category playback, shuffled or sequential play, launched from widget or from regular icon, etc. The image and text always stay matching the playing song.

Could you maybe send Max a logfile and/or post a video here? Log can be sent by doing the actions which create the issue for you and then immediately go to Settings > Get Support > Send Log and email the current log to gpmaxmpz @ gmail . com

Andre

I don't see anywhere to send report, it just takes me to the forum when I click "Get Support". There's no error log to report.

2 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

I don't see anywhere to send report, it just takes me to the forum when I click "Get Support". There's no error log to report.

What version of PA are you using? You originally posted in the Build 883 thread, so I assumed that was the version you are running.

Andre

Thanks for the details, not reproducible on recent builds + yaps skin. May be it happens just for the specific category (e.g. for something like Artists / Albums / Songs)?

Also, it would be helpful if you can export and share (via PM here on forum) your settings - may be it's some PA or skin setting. Thanks!

Try reverting your settings to defaults (uninstall/reinstall may not be enough if Google restores your data, so delete the app data via your device's Android App Settings). You should make a backup of your current settings and any internal playlists first so you can restore them if it doesn't make a difference. I'm the same as Max, I can't reproduce this issue at all, even following you method to the letter.

Andre

Archived