Poweramp is splitting albums by artist... I want to keep the artist tag!

Dragel

Hello,

So I have a bunch of albums I constantly go over through the Poweramp albums feature, which I like quite a lot and prefer over the folders view. However, recently I started downloading singles and they are such a pain to organize! They all appear in the albums view even though there's only one song. As there was apparently no way to change this, I decided to change the album of all the singles to a dummy album I named "singles".

However, this solved nothing as now even though they appear in the same album they are all split by artist! I've read about this issue before and the solution given was to change the "Artist" tag to something along the lines of "Various"... But I REALLY don't want to do that as I would want to keep that info. I just want the album view to understand that and treat all of these songs as belonging to the same one. I've already tried playing with the "Join albums" in list settings but they seem to do nothing 

Here I'm posting an image from my current albums view:

Screenshot-2020-09-17-15-38-14-045-com-m

Is there any way to solve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, Dragel said:

Hello,

So I have a bunch of albums I constantly go over through the Poweramp albums feature, which I like quite a lot and prefer over the folders view. However, recently I started downloading singles and they are such a pain to organize! They all appear in the albums view even though there's only one song. As there was apparently no way to change this, I decided to change the album of all the singles to a dummy album I named "singles".

However, this solved nothing as now even though they appear in the same album they are all split by artist! I've read about this issue before and the solution given was to change the "Artist" tag to something along the lines of "Various"... But I REALLY don't want to do that as I would want to keep that info. I just want the album view to understand that and treat all of these songs as belonging to the same one. I've already tried playing with the "Join albums" in list settings but they seem to do nothing 

Here I'm posting an image from my current albums view:

Is there any way to solve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is a bit of a challenge to work around, as Poweramp looks at each release as an "Album". This is the same as most other media players as this is how they are tagged.

I can offer what I have used as a semi-workaround solution. I have a Album like you have done named "Singles" but the other part that makes this work is to add the "Album Artist" tag and use "Various Artists" there. The other tags including "Artist" can stay as they are. This way you essentially have a single large COMPILATION album that will only be listed once in Poweramp, with all of your singles listed there. This actually makes it easier to find your singles as well. This is easier to do on a computer using tagging software. There are several good ones, I use mp3tag myself. But far easier than trying to do this on a mobile device.

Hope this helps.

I do exactly the same as you with my 700+ Singles. I've not been especially worried about how they appear in Albums view in my collection (I mostly use Folders view) but to achieve what you want just set both the Album Title and Album Artist tags to your dummy title of "Singles". I use "(Single)" as my Album Title wording by the way, so the pseudo-album gets sorted at the start of the alphabetic list rather than getting lost somewhere in the middle, but you could use square brackets instead to sort at the end of the list.

Andre

Archived