Android 11 Update

etienv

My Son have a Galaxy S6 Tab Lite with Android 11 and installed Poweramp (build-911-arm64-play) and everything was okay (all music stored on internal storage was detected with legacy mode) till this morning.

The free trial ended and i bought the Poweramp unlocker for the full version.

After installing it no more music is detected in legacy mode.

If i try to deactivate legacy mode Poweramp show me the internal storage in the folder selection, but i cannot select/activate it.  

Errormessage (translatet from deepl): "the system component for folder selection seems to be missing on your device"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Chris_0815 Do NOT use Legacy mode in Android 11. It might still work on upgraded system (where PA was previously on Android 10) but it should never be enabled on new Android 11 installs. Build 911 should not recover settings from the cloud, so it should be easy enough to simply turn the mode off in Settings > Misc > File Access Legacy Mode. Then you can re-select the necessary music folders in Settings > Library > Music Folders.

Is the device stock Android, as folder selection should be available by default on Samsungs (it's linked to their Files app). Perhaps it might be worth disabling storage permissions for PA in Android Settings > Apps, and then when you run PA again, Enable access again for the required folders. Or even delete all Poweramp app data and start the setup from scratch with default settings.

The unlocker does not change any PA features by the way, it merely removes the time limit. 

Andre

• 1 year later...
On 9/10/2020 at 5:26 PM, andrewilley said:

They are turning into Big Brother like Apple have always been, which is exactly why I didn't buy an iPhone in the first place.

My phone, my rules, stop dictating!

Andre 

Totally agree.