Android 11 Update

No, you can update using a website download whenever you like, the licence status stays from your initial Play Store install. And you will still get later updates from the Play Store automatically as and when they are released there.

Andre

56 minutes ago, Knobbly said:

Thanks andrewilley. If I download the newest version directly from the website will I have to pay again for the full version at the end of the 15 day trial? I have only installed things through the playstore before so not sure how this works.  Sorry for lame questions this isn't my area of expertise!

You may have to download the "Poweramp Unlock" app for the full version.  Playstore should automatically detect you as a full version user from there.

1 hour ago, etienv said:

You may have to download the "Poweramp Unlock" app for the full version. 

No, as long as you installed the unlocker from the Play Store when you first started using the app, there's nothing new to do. You can just over-install with a new download from the website.

Andre

7 hours ago, Knobbly said:

Unfortunately it has stopped working again today. Back to Android 10 it is then!

Before you try to roll back, could you try using File Access Legacy Mode (in PA Settings > Misc) and doing a Full Rescan in Settings > Library. And if that does not help, could you provide a logfile just after the issue occurs (Settings > Get Support > Send Log (email to gpmaxmpz @ gmail . com ). Thanks.

Andre

21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No, as long as you installed the unlocker from the Play Store when you first started using the app, there's nothing new to do. You can just over-install with a new download from the website.

Andre

Yes all I was meaning here was play store won't ask you to pay again.

Hi,

I reinstalled the app from the playstore last night to try the legacy mode option and record the error message. The install was different this time and the sequence of access approval for folders was different. Sure enough, it is still working today so I'm pleased to say that I don't have the error message!

I didn't have the setting for legacy mode... couldn't find it anywhere.

Fingers crossed something has changed and it will continue to work.

Thanks.

49 minutes ago, Knobbly said:

I didn't have the setting for legacy mode... couldn't find it anywhere.

As long as you are using builds 883 or 884 (not 882 or earlier) the File Access Legacy Mode should be available in Poweramp Settings > Misc. Prior to that, the Legacy mode was not supported for Android 11 ROMs.

Andre

• 1 month later...

Hi,

just changed my phone from Android 9 to a new one with Android 11, and encounter the bug described in this thread.

Poweramp was restored with all my old settings but was v882 from playstore (and no option in misc to disable legacy filesystem).

After upgrading manually from the website to v888, got the option, disabled it in misc and was able to select my folders and "really" add them (previously, I could see them, and try to add them but nothing was happening).

So now, it's working again, thanks!