Android 11 Update

etienv

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Knobbly said:

Thanks andrewilley. If I download the newest version directly from the website will I have to pay again for the full version at the end of the 15 day trial? I have only installed things through the playstore before so not sure how this works.  Sorry for lame questions this isn't my area of expertise!

You may have to download the "Poweramp Unlock" app for the full version.  Playstore should automatically detect you as a full version user from there.

1 hour ago, etienv said:

You may have to download the "Poweramp Unlock" app for the full version. 

No, as long as you installed the unlocker from the Play Store when you first started using the app, there's nothing new to do. You can just over-install with a new download from the website.

Andre

7 hours ago, Knobbly said:

Unfortunately it has stopped working again today. Back to Android 10 it is then!

Before you try to roll back, could you try using File Access Legacy Mode (in PA Settings > Misc) and doing a Full Rescan in Settings > Library. And if that does not help, could you provide a logfile just after the issue occurs (Settings > Get Support > Send Log (email to gpmaxmpz @ gmail . com ). Thanks.

Andre

21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No, as long as you installed the unlocker from the Play Store when you first started using the app, there's nothing new to do. You can just over-install with a new download from the website.

Andre

Yes all I was meaning here was play store won't ask you to pay again.

Hi,

I reinstalled the app from the playstore last night to try the legacy mode option and record the error message. The install was different this time and the sequence of access approval for folders was different. Sure enough, it is still working today so I'm pleased to say that I don't have the error message!

I didn't have the setting for legacy mode... couldn't find it anywhere.

Fingers crossed something has changed and it will continue to work.

Thanks.

49 minutes ago, Knobbly said:

I didn't have the setting for legacy mode... couldn't find it anywhere.

As long as you are using builds 883 or 884 (not 882 or earlier) the File Access Legacy Mode should be available in Poweramp Settings > Misc. Prior to that, the Legacy mode was not supported for Android 11 ROMs.

Andre

• 1 month later...

Hi,

just changed my phone from Android 9 to a new one with Android 11, and encounter the bug described in this thread.

Poweramp was restored with all my old settings but was v882 from playstore (and no option in misc to disable legacy filesystem).

After upgrading manually from the website to v888, got the option, disabled it in misc and was able to select my folders and "really" add them (previously, I could see them, and try to add them but nothing was happening).

So now, it's working again, thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man I wish I knew about this bug before I upgraded to Android 11.

I had version 884 and it would not find any downloaded files. So I uninstalled it. Now the Play Store will not re-install, says "CAN'T INSTALL Poweramp MUSIC PLAYER (TRIAL)"

I tried rolling back the play store app and re-installing it, same problem. So now any podcasts I downloaded through Chrome are sitting in memory and cannot be found by Poweramp. 

VLC player can't find them either, so you're not alone 😢

Play Store should be able to reinstall both Poweramp (Trial) and the Unlocker on any recent version of Android (anything since 5.0 anyway). If you have any problems, try clearing Play Store app data first. Also if the unlocker does not show as paid in when you are using the same Google account, go to Play Store menu > My Apps & Games > Library tab, and install from there.

The Android 10/11 issues are with Android's messed-up file access methods, and will require you to either grant access to the location that holds your music, or use Settings > Misc > File Access Legacy Mode.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 5:52 PM, maxmp said:

Poweramp is fully compatible with the "new" file access in Android 10 and 11. If you previously used File Access Legacy Mode disable it as it's not supported anymore by 11. You'll need to give folder permissions on the next Poweramp start in Music Folders dialog.

The file paths means nothing for the "new" file access scheme as apps don't have file system access.

Thanks!

MAX, YOU ROCK! thank you! i turned off file permissions in settings, then restarted Poweramp, Poweramp asked for file permissiond, I said yes, and BOOM! all my files were back from the SD card.  Thanks again Max!

• 1 month later...

I recently updated to Android 11 and have been having issues with the library disappearing upon restart/power on of phone. None of the workarounds or suggested fixes in this thread help. The issue continues. Incredibly frustrating. Any other ideas or is this just broken now? 

edit: I have a S10e and see in other threads that this seems to be specific to Samsung phones recently updated to Android 11.  I will be following those threads for further info.

• 4 weeks later...

On setup of a new pixel 4a (5g) running march 5th 2021 Android update, things were not working. After reinstalling, still no joy. I cleared all app permissions and cleared data and cache and re-applied the storage permissions, all works fine now, even after reboot

On 9/18/2020 at 8:06 PM, maxmp said:

File access legacy option is only needed if your ROM is broken (not the case for Pixel ROMs) or if you used package disabling apps and disabled system files picker and related, and you are not able/don't want to restore those.

More details here: 

As Poweramp still targets SDK level 29 (and Google don't require us to push to 30), it's still possible to use Legacy option in Android 11 and that will be re-enabled in the next 883 build.

Thanks a lot!!!!

• 1 month later...

Today I updated my moto g 5G Plus to Android 11. Poweramp gave no sign of life ... it showed the list of files but without any cover or sound.
I googled "Poweramp does not work android 11" and it showed me this page (I have already subscribed to the forum a long time ago ...) which has solved the problem quickly: disable file inheritance mode and recover the entire library ( 5621 files) ... everything fine even after rebooting the phone ...

My (full) version is build-905-arm64-play (905004-96b6d050)

Thanks to maxmp and andrewilley for their explanations .... !!! 🙂

Screenshot_20210430-210215-289.jpg

• 3 months later...

@andrewilley this (old backup/some other device settings backup or backup from the previous Android version) is why automatical backup is now disabled for the builds 910+.

There are also other issues associated with that backup, such as broken app state (never fixed by google), and also we want “fresh” install to be really fresh.

PS we have another “gift” from Google incoming this fall - all app updates are required to be sdk=30 compatible, meaning it won’t be possible to select root storage folder or Downloads folder anymore. It’s still possible to add any number of subfolders or folders inside Downloads, but this will certainly add a layer of confusion for users.