Album List Issue

Vintage1976

I have a few large boxsets that I've ripped to FLAC. With boxsets this large I just name each disc as it's own album;  "Blah-Blah Years Disc 4" and so forth. Once I get to disc 10, when they're uploaded discs 1 through 9 will appear in order, but disc 10 will wind  up being placed next to disc 1. I'm assuming it's because of the numbering not having a 0 in front of the singular album numbers. 

In the List Options, I have albums to appear in order by year. In this case, all the albums for the boxset would be the same. Anyone else have a similar issue or work around?

Yes, if you are sorting filenames/etc using initial digits then they are sorting as simple text strings. So if there are more than 9 discs, you'd need to number the early ones "Disc 01", "Disc 02", "Disc 03", etc - just like you would with track numbers.

If you are sorting albums by year, then it might be easier to use the same Album Title for all of the tracks that belong to one multi-disc album, and use the Disc# embedded tag for sorting all the tracks, rather than just naming the albums as Disc 1, 2, 3, etc.

Andre

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2020 at 4:48 PM, andrewilley said:

Yes, if you are sorting filenames/etc using initial digits then they are sorting as simple text strings. So if there are more than 9 discs, you'd need to number the early ones "Disc 01", "Disc 02", "Disc 03", etc - just like you would with track numbers.

If you are sorting albums by year, then it might be easier to use the same Album Title for all of the tracks that belong to one multi-disc album, and use the Disc# embedded tag for sorting all the tracks, rather than just naming the albums as Disc 1, 2, 3, etc.

Andre

Thank you, sorry for the delayed response. 

Archived