Sign in to follow this  
pasc

[Solved] Call Poweramp "Intent" from Shell ?

Posted (edited)

So, these "API_Commands" Poweramp has, that are typically called via Tasker, suchas:

•Action: com.maxmpz.audioplayer.API_COMMAND
•Target: Service
*Extra: cmd:1 => play/pause
Extra: cmd:4 => skip song
Extra: cmd:5 => prev song

Sources:stackoverflow.com/questions/19769716/how-to-send-string-intent-extra-value-from-command-line
_reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/97y70u/how_can_i_this_shell_command_change_to_intent/_gist.github.com/burinov/d617be5eadc60d4021e3de6841e04c7c
_stackoverflow.com/questions/49542964/reform-tasker-intent-to-shell_vogella.com/tutorials/AndroidBroadcastReceiver/article.html-stackoverflow.com/questions/17717728/how-to-broadcast-intent-with-extras-through-adb-shell

I've been wondering:

How can they be called via "shell" broadcast ?

sudo am broadcast --el "cmd 1" -a com.maxmpz.audioplayer.API_COMMAND

am start -a com.maxmpz.audioplayer.API_COMMAND --es "cmd" "1"

doesn't work (error "bad component")

Neither does using am start -n com.maxmpz.audioplayer ..." or  am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.maxmpz.audioplayer/.PowerampAPIActivity --es "cmd" "1"

or even am start -a "android.intent.action.VIEW" -c "com.maxmpz.audioplayer.API_COMMAND" --es "cmd" "1"

help at all...

PBMC in conjunction with the (now defunct?) "Poweramp Shortcuts" does it like this (not a shell cmd, obviously):

#Intent;action=android.intent.action.VIEW;launchFlags=0x4000000;component=com.mohammadag.powerampshortcuts/.MainActivity;i.PowerampAction=6;end

Anyone here who got this to work ?

PS: I don't want to use tasker. I'm trying to keep a minimal setup on this device, and if I can call api actions with shell then that is more than enough.

Edited by pasc

Posted (edited)

Nevermind, I got it. Used "krow.dev.scheme" to fetch the proper intent (by experimening), then read out "/data/data/krow.dev.scheme/files/default.realm.managment/log_b" et voilà, done)

Then execute it like this:

sudo "am broadcast 'intent:#Intent;action=com.maxmpz.audioplayer.API_COMMAND;package=com.maxmpz.audioplayer;i.cmd=1;end'"

Edited by pasc