Playing one album at a time?

confused

Tap the Repeat icon, second to the right under the album art, until it shows 'Repeat Off' - which basically means play the current Category (in this case, an album) and then stop.

You probably have it set to the default 'Advance Category' at the moment, which translates to play all Categories (albums) and then either stop if you are using the 'All Songs' Library mode, or repeat forever if you are using one of the other Library modes. The Repeat icon terminology can be a bit confusing for new users, there's a FAQ about it if you want to learn more:  https://forum.powerampapp.com/kb/en_us/faq/how-to-use-‘repeat’-and-‘shuffle’-in-poweramp-r4/

Andre

On 8/4/2020 at 3:25 PM, andrewilley said:

The Repeat icon terminology can be a bit confusing for new users

To say the least.

So if I have got it right if I say select Horses by Patti Smith in albums select " Repeat Off " and " Shuffle Off " then play back should end after last track?.

6 hours ago, confused said:

To say the least.

So if I have got it right if I say select Horses by Patti Smith in albums select " Repeat Off " and " Shuffle Off " then play back should end after last track?.

Correct, if you start playing an album (or a song in an album) from the 'Albums' Library Category, and you have Repeat Off and Shuffle Off, then all  the songs of that album will play in order and playback will stop at the end. Think of the term 'Repeat Off' as really meaning 'Play Current Category and then stop'. If you want to continue to play onward (so the next album, then the next, etc and start again after the last album) then you should use Advance Category which basically means 'Repeat All Categories'.

I have been asking for a while if we could maybe have the Repeat options renamed with slightly more user-friendly wording (such as 'Play Current Category', 'Repeat All Categories', etc), but it's not something that has found time as yet.

Andre

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I have been asking for a while if we could maybe have the Repeat options renamed with slightly more user-friendly wording (such as 'Play Current Category', 'Repeat All Categories', etc), but it's not something that has found time as yet.

Thanks for your support and yes what you have been asking is logical to me. The controls to me at the moment are like trying to crack the Enigma Code but it may be age related!.

Archived