Latest update Doesn't Work

Trevarl

I have no idea how to post anything properly on here. I've just downloaded the latest version and it doesn't work. I get a message saying " doesn't look like anything" and a permanently spinning disk. Doesn't recognise my existing music folders and also says something like " failed too many times". My earlier version worked perfectly. 

Any ideas why it won't work?

Just installing the latest Poweramp release over a previous version should not cause your library settings to change - unless you have also changed your memory card or (sometimes) upgraded your Android version. You didn't uninstall the previous version of PA did you, it's usually better to just install on top of the old one. Which PA build were you using, and which one now - Google Play store or manual download from the website here? And what is your device / Android version?

In the meantime, please check PA Settings > Library > Music Folders and ensure that the correct storage location for your music files is ticked (sometimes Android invents new names for SD Cards) You may then need do a Settings > Library > Full Rescan.

Andre

I tried replying from my pc but when I press submit it takes me to another pages and then says my display name is already in use and is trying to create another account.

So my short version of a longer reply is that I got it working

Thanks for your help

Cheers 

Archived