audiobooks list out of order

hello,

Screenshot_20200724-130209_Poweramp.jpg.bd99749b40a057dc37f94c09c62cebed.jpg

it seems once in a while with Poweramp in folder or albums list it randomly  put tracks out of order. this can be an issue listening to audiobooks.
The track are all properly assign a track number. and in any file manager on my samsung note 10+ it  shows the list properly.

I'm running Poweramp builds 875-878 currently.

regards,

DazedNconfuzed

@DazedNConfuzed use Sort by Disc and track # sorting option (header menu / List options). Please note that if no track # tag exists Poweramp parses and uses that prefix from the track name, where disc number won't be parsed properly.

If you think some tracks still not sorted properly, please share couple of such mis-sorted tracks (preferable via player / select / Send / Gmail / gpmaxmpz@gmail.com). Thanks!

2 hours ago, DazedNConfuzed said:

look carefully it goes to disc 001 - 15 to disc 006 - 12 then disc 007 - 010. either folder or Album

Yes, that order is alphabetically correct for those particular tracks, if they are sorted by Title. Are there any other tracks in your library that should be shown in between (for discs 002, 003, etc) which are shown elsewhere in the list?

Please enable Settings > Library > Lists > Show Track Number > "In The Meta", and also enable Show Disc using the same menu. Next to the duration of each track you should now see the Track# / Disc#  info that has been determined for each track, and if you use "Disc & Track#" as the sort option in List Options then they should sort that way. e.g. for disc one and the start of disc two of an album:

image.png

Are some of the tracks which you are expecting to see missing that info? If so the embedded tag data might be incorrect and need fixing. In the meantime, try sorting by Title, or by filename, if the Titles and/or filenames are all suitably worded.

Andre

thank you issue some of the files was missing the disc information on certain tracks. working with ripping software to figure out why.

fyi enable Settings > Library > Lists > Show Track Number > "In The Meta"  mine showed "Header With Meta", and also enable Show Disc  which I already had.

this only happens  1 out of 25 audiobooks ripped.

Headers with Meta is a different setting, that controls extra information to be shown in the large header block at the top of each list (the area with the folder/album/artist names, and the Shuffle/Play/Search/three-dots icons).

Settings > Library > Lists > Show Track Number should look like this to see the Disc/Track numbers as per my War of the Worlds example :

image.png

Even if Disc/Track tag information is missing from the files, even before you look into re-ripping them you can still use some of the other sorting options inside 'List Options' in the three-dots menu at the top of the song list. The example you gave looked like it was getting sorted by Title (or perhaps based on filenames) alphabetically, which is the fallback method if there are no usable tags at all. But obviously the format of the words (or tags) does need to be pedantically consistent between all of the files in any given folder/album for that to work.

Incidentally, you can view the tag information embedded in any song file by long-pressing on the title and choosing Info/Tags.

Andre

Archived