Display folder name instead of Artist

Would be great if we could select what Metadata or other info is displayed in the currently playing section (artist or album name etc) -
As i don't use metadata for my own files Id like to have  %foldername% instead as thats usually the album name in my case.
I realise i can have this shown at the very bottom of the screen but I like that to display the file/encoding properties

Also for some reason the Track Number at the start of all my files is removed. IE if the file is called "01 - somesong.FLAC" - when its playing it will remove the  "01 -" and just read "somesong". I'd like to see the number at the start.

Thanks

There was some talk a while back of allowing user-configuration for that second line in the Player screen - and also in lists. Not sure if it was suggested as a per-category option, or globally?

Currently that line uses the locked format "%artist% - %album%", but if Max decided to offer an editing option then I'm such %folder% or %path% could be choices, along with various esoteric things that people ask for periodically such as BPM, Composer, etc.

Andre

@andrewilley Poweramp UI dictates that main screen track labels are the same as in-list labels (as otherwise we can't smoothly animate them). It still technically possible:

- to configure labels (affecting all 3 track layouts - main screen, lists, miniplayer)
- to add/remove labels (for example, list shows meta information and duration, while main screen shows menu and rating), so it's possible to have album/artist (2nd line) hidden in main screen, and the (future) user configurable line - hidden in lists.

Yes, I did know the labels are all interlinked, and I did mention that in my reply. I think they can still vary by current category though can't they, so what about making any such feature a part of the List Options settings, rather than a global setting?

You could even do the same with the Title string, in case someone wants to adjust that too - e.g. I recall someone asking for "%disc%-%track% %Title%". Yes it would affect the Player UI, the current list, and mini-player, but if that's what the user wants...? 

Andre

7 hours ago, UK_SPAWN said:

(ps. i have figured out how to unhide the sont number at the start from another post)

Interesting, you could provide a link, as I didn't know you could request that (I'm assuming you were already using 'Filename as Title' mode?). I can't see the problem with my songs, as although I do have a few completely untagged files lurking somewhere in the library, they don't have digits at the start of their filenames either so I can't see how they would display for you. I guess I should make a few test files.

I was originally going to suggest using PA's recent feature to show the track number at the beginning of the Song Title line, so even though the the few digits of your filenames may still not be displayed, PA would replace them with its own interpreted value which would look very similar. If you want to try it, it's Settings > Library > Lists > Show Track Number > set to "In the title (everywhere)" 

Andre

Filename as Title was the setting i enabled to fix my problem.
It would remove the "01 -" from the Trackname but now it is working fine.

It now reads like "11 11 - trackname.flac" -  it says the track number twice but its not a big issue.

You can now turn Settings > Library > Lists > Show Track Number off to remove the extra prefix digits.

Sorry, when you said you were seeing "filename.flac" on the player screen, I assumed that was because you already had the 'Filename as Title' mode enabled. However your files have no tags at all, so Poweramp was trying its best to interpret whatever it can from the filename - thus creating a Track# entry from any initial digits, and a Track Title entry from the rest of the filename. Hence you were not actually seeing the filename itself, but Poweramp was showing you what it now considers to be a Title tag.  

Andre

Archived