Donation button

I grabbed Poweramp years ago when it's on a discount, I felt like stealing since it's still so actively developed and the dev is very active in the forum for feature requests. Maybe it'll be good to be able to throw some extra support for the development. 

or release a paid classic HD skin ?

Aren't we all paid users?

If someone on a trial copy received a pop up they couldn't disable, I don't know if they're the target market for "donations". They're in the "still needing to buy the app" segment of the market. I feel like it should only appear for paid users. It might be unclear to newbies whether or not such a donation gets them a license to the app or not at that stage.

55 minutes ago, Fitzian said:

Aren't we all paid users?

If someone on a trial copy received a pop up they couldn't disable, I don't know if they're the target market for "donations". They're in the "still needing to buy the app" segment of the market. I feel like it should only appear for paid users. It might be unclear to newbies whether or not such a donation gets them a license to the app or not at that stage.

My apologies, you are correct. I wrote my previous reply in a rush while multitasking at home and didn't mean to segment the types of users.

A donation idea is good but not top priority.

Could I further brainstorm the idea that it should be a 'micro-transaction' nominal amount in increments.

For example; "Dear user, purely at your choosing, show your continued developmental support €0.50, €1, €1.50" and "ignore once" + "don't ever bother me again"

User could then click on just one specified amount from the choice to donate and it process through the Google Play store In-app purchasing module (which undeniably Google get their commission slice).

Such a prompt would need to appear after about 3 months from the date a user has paid for the full app and PA would have to use background stats to take into account a user's usage of the app.

I was of course using the Euro currency in the above example; equivalent currencies would apply wherever the user resides in the world.

Some may think that such a donation system is daylight robbery given that they've already paid once for the full app.

Let's see what others and the developer thinks about this. 👍

If Max wanted more money from pre-existing customers he would have charged for the Poweramp V3 update.

The paid classic skin is a good idea, but the average paid user won't want to see a pop-up asking for more money.

If he wants donations, he could easily just put a donation link here on the forum.

I doubt Max would want to do anything intrusive, as he has always said PA is a one-off payment.

I can't see why a voluntary Donate button here on the website would be an issue if he wanted to add one, but in the app would have to follow Google rules.

Andre

Hm, I'm suggesting in the app because it's easier for me in terms of payment method since I don't have credit card and I'm in a third world SEA country where common payment method in the west like PayPal is hard to access.

anyway it's just a suggestion. However it'll be implemented or not, I'm all for it.

Archived