Duplicate Artist with (H) appended

kuhchuk

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I wasn't sure exactly how to word this one for a search engine.

As you can see in the attached image, there is a single song from this artist that was added to the library with "(H)" added to the end of the artist name.  When I checked the tags inside Poweramp and in other programs on desktop, there didn't seem to be any issue, all tags are consistent.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Motorola Moto G8 Power

Android 10

Poweramp V3-Build 874

H.jpg

One of the songs by that artist presumably has a mis-tagged Artist name. Tap on that item and drill down to the only song in that group, then long-press on the song and view 'Info/Tags'. You can then edit and re-save the name directly from that info screen if you wish.

Andre

You could try a Full Rescan, in case PA still has retained some old historical tag data which has now been updated.

Which category are you viewing, I'm assuming Artists? Could you drill down into that problem "(H)" item until you get to the one song that PA seems to be having problems with. In one of the List Views, does PA show the artist's proper name correctly under the Title, or does it have the "(H)" appended there too? Could you either post the relevant Info/Tags screen info here, and/or once you've identified the specific problem file's location in storage (top of the Info/Tags screen), could you temporarily upload it somewhere so we can have a look at it?

Andre

Archived