Various Artists on album cover screen

LeeRev

Hi Newbie to Poweramp so apologies if the question has been asked before but had a look and cant find the answer.

I have a number of compilation albums in my collection, but since loading my music into Poweramp all the album covers are displayed with the album name, but then just gives the name of a single artist that is on the album, rather than stating various artists. Is there a way of changing this, my PC media players do show as various artists, so I know its not a tagging issue?

Thank you. 

If you use the Artists or Albums categories, the artist name for each track will be shown on the player screen and in the songs list.

If you use the Album Artists .library category then the Album Artist tag (e.g. "Various Artists") will be displayed instead of the track artist.

Cover artwork can be the same for all tracks, or different, depending on what is embedded in each of the files.

Andre

Thanks for the response, but i'm still a little unsure. Where do i check the Album Artists.library category that you refer to, to get it to show albums with various artists .

I'm aware of the Library that you can select  All songs, Folders etc?

Thanks

Album Artists is one of the available Categories at the top Library level view. There are quite a lot of categories available, and some may be hidden by default on your setup to avoid over-cluttering the screen. Tap the three-dots menu icon at the top of the main Library view and select List Options to choose which ones you want to see or hide (or use Settings > Library > Lists > Library List Options).

Andre

It's one of the big problems with apps or programs with masses of power and configuration options...  the settings screen gets a bit more complicated! :)

Now that v3 has settled down a bit in terms of its interface and features, maybe one day I might even get around to writing a manual of some kind. I'm thinking it will be quite a lot of work though, and it's still something of a moving target.

Andre

Archived