Save and assign the Tempo per track

haddy

Do you want to change it or just know what it is originally? If you just want to know I'd recommend running it through TuneXploirer, it will give you the tempo and the key. Works for MP3, FLAC and who knows what else.

It would be nice to be able to check see the BPM tag values under Info/Tags, I guess this would be fairly easy, read the tag on scan and insert into the DB and display.

Next would probably be a BPM category, but how would that be organized? And what about a search for BPM... quite a can of worms...

I personally use BPM for sports playlists, my method is that I have all my track data in excel, where I can filter and sort on BPM, Genre, Artist... so when ever I need something new to a playlist then I start by searching for candidates in my excel list and generate a playlist as a starter.

6 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Do you want to change it or just know what it is originally? If you just want to know I'd recommend running it through TuneXploirer, it will give you the tempo and the key. Works for MP3, FLAC and who knows what else.

No not exactly.

I simply want a 'save preset' feature for the Tempo.

So we already have this preset saving with EQ screen and Reverb screen in Poweramp, it just needs to be added to the Volume / Tempo screen. 

With the confirmed future addition of a "Pitch" knob that's coming, it would be logical that the buttons on this middle screen should get shrunken resized down (volume, tempo, stereo expand etc) to accommodate the Pitch knob and buttons for Save/Preset/Reset

26 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I think basically all you are asking for is for Tempo (and later Pitch) to be included within the various audio parameters saved/restored when you create a preset, yes?

Andre

Yes 😉

21 hours ago, maxmp said:

Thanks for the request. I’m thinking enabling this per folder or per playlist (the same way track position can be stored via List Options).

Ok per playlist sounds awesome and makes logical sense for many users.

Hmmm I'd imagine for per folder/per playlist you'd just have to add additional check boxes in the Save Presets dialog screen. Seems straightforward in a use case scenario.

21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Why not just include the Tempo value along with any other adjustments in all saved Presets (which would then include them in by track, folder, album, playlist, whatever)?

Andre

Yes Andre, I agree with this too and this is more in line with the original request as I want to be able to save and auto reuse the Tempo for a single track within a playlist at the moment.

3 hours ago, haddy said:

this is more in line with the original request as I want to be able to save and auto reuse the Tempo for a single track within a playlist at the moment.

Yes, I think all that's needed is for the Tempo value to be included within the existing save/restore process. No extra buttons or selections needed, just include Tempo in saved presets.

Andre

Archived