How do I hide the visualization title?

Change the opacity in the visualization settings.

Settings -> Visualization -> Top Visualization Panel Opacity (0-100%)

Note, it will still change the visualization if you swipe the panel’s region. You’ll need to cycle through visualization toggles from off to on again for it to appear before timing out again.

What a pain.  So I can't make it go away, it just turns invisible, but if I accidentally touch it, it'll drop the invisible list.  Smart thinking @maxmp

Poweramp is a shell of its former self.  Now there's too much crap on top of other crap, it's a mess.  Yeah 709 took some getting used to, but when I did get used to it, it was very functional and didn't have so much junk taking up screen space.  Everything was clearly marked and didn't overshadow anything else.

Thanks anyway @Fitzian

If you don't want the visualisations controls, just turn visualisations off (icon in the lower-left under the album art). Then it'll be like the old Poweramp which you preferred, as that didn't have a Visualisation feature at all. If you do like the visualisations though, use the same icon to change them to Full Screen, which will make the controls disappear completely until you choose to access the interface by tapping on the screen. 

Andre

I want the visualization and the controls always visible.  I also don't like the track, artist, and album being in the album art/visualization space, much prefer translucent repeat and shuffle icons in the corners like in v2/v3-alpha, and the track info below the album art space.  I want the look of v2 with the features of v3.  Why doesn't v2 get support anymore?  I'd use v2 if I could get volume ducking, visualizations, and hi-res output.

8 hours ago, DevilSlayerDante said:

I want the visualization and the controls always visible.  I also don't like the track, artist, and album being in the album art/visualization space, much prefer translucent repeat and shuffle icons in the corners like in v2/v3-alpha, and the track info below the album art space.  I want the look of v2 with the features of v3.  Why doesn't v2 get support anymore?  I'd use v2 if I could get volume ducking, visualizations, and hi-res output.

In response to wanting to use v2 if it had v3's features... That's rather like saying you'd prefer to use your old black & white single-speaker television if only the pictures were in colour and the sound was in stereo. ;) The closest thing to what you are suggesting would be the last alpha-test release before the interface was updated to current (Android 5+) Material Design specs, which was build 709. That may still work for you (it does for some people who are unable to update their device beyond Android 4.4) but of course you'd be stuck with that feature set forever and miss out on anything new added in the intervening years.

There are a lot of configuration options available in the main v3 app already though - such as selecting 'Alternate Layout' in Settings > Look and Feel > Skins to move the title/artist/album text boxes to below the artwork area, and ProButtons and Static Seekbar to revert to the old button controls and thin-line seekbar. You can also hide the Visualisation controls by setting their And there are even more if you install some third-party skins. YAPS, for example (https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/16721-new-poweramp-skin/) allows you show show/hide pretty much any interface element, and change the colour/opacity of individual elements too. I don't think it has a specific show/hide mode for that top Visualisation control panel, but I'm sure if you ask the dev he could look into it as he releases updates pretty regularly.

If you want controls visible though, rather than pure full-screen visualisation, there are still lots of options to adjust the look.

image.png

Andre
(moved to Feature Requests as suggested)

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

In response to wanting to use v2 if it had v3's features... That's rather like saying you'd prefer to use your old black & white single-speaker television if only the pictures were in colour and the sound was in stereo. ;) The closest thing to what you are suggesting would be the last alpha-test release before the interface was updated to current (Android 5+) Material Design specs, which was build 709. That may still work for you (it does for some people who are unable to update their device beyond Android 4.4) but of course you'd be stuck with that feature set forever and miss out on anything new added in the intervening years.

There are a lot of configuration options available in the main v3 app already though - such as selecting 'Alternate Layout' in Settings > Look and Feel > Skins to move the title/artist/album text boxes to below the artwork area, and ProButtons and Static Seekbar to revert to the old button controls and thin-line seekbar. You can also hide the Visualisation controls by setting their And there are even more if you install some third-party skins. YAPS, for example (https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/16721-new-Poweramp-skin/) allows you show show/hide pretty much any interface element, and change the colour/opacity of individual elements too. I don't think it has a specific show/hide mode for that top Visualisation control panel, but I'm sure if you ask the dev he could look into it as he releases updates pretty regularly.

If you want controls visible though, rather than pure full-screen visualisation, there are still lots of options to adjust the look.

Look, I appreciate that you want to help, and I mean no disrespect, you're one of the few voices that has agreed with me in the past about minimalism and flat design.  I also realize you're not a developer and it's not up to you to address my complaints appropriately.  As for your input:

• That b&w TV analogy doesn't even compare to this situation; that would require fabrication of new circuits, a cathode, and so on.  To add features already existing in v3 to v2 takes a minor code adjustment to the v2 source.  Why can't @maxmp add the new features to the v2?
  • I'm tired of 709, no skin support, volume ducking is a little wonky at times, no hi-res audio support, and no updates or bug fixes.
  • Currently, the only way I can get rid of the visualization title is to turn the opacity down to 0%, but the title is still there even if I can't see it, so it can still be interacted with but doesn't appear if I touch it by accident; huge design flaw.
  • Also, with visualization title at 0% opacity, when I touch the visualization space to show the album art, the VU title obscures part of the album art.
  • YAPS doesn't have any acceptable GUI styles, they're all as ugly as Eric Stoltz in Mask or the humpback of Notre Dame, just like every metro/flat/material/fluent GUI I've ever seen.
  • The skin I'm using now, Retro Black, doesn't have any of the GUI options you suggested.

I'm just fed up with losing choices that suit my taste and needs.  I bought Poweramp in 2013, first mobile app I spent money on, and when I did I never imagined I would have been screwed over.

skeuomorphic_vs_minimalistic.jpg

As you know, I happen to agree with you that skeuomorphic design (i.e. where objects like buttons and controls are designed to give an approximate impression of real-world objects) looks far nicer than flat minimalist designs. I still prefer the look of Windows 7 to anything that has come after it for example, and find control surfaces which consist of expanses of flat single colours with no separation elements are very uninspiring and actually harder to use. However sadly for us, that ship seems to have well-and-truly sailed - until it eventually all comes full circle, which it probably will at some stage as all design trends have a tendency to do. It's nothing to do with PA as a product, or what's under the hood, Max just needs to follow current design trends for the app to appear to be staying relevant and up to date, not to mention to use the latest Android APIs for compatibility reasons.

"YAPS doesn't have any acceptable GUI styles" - well that's your opinion, I happen find it to be the most flexible skin out there (it even has some options for glossy skeuomorphic buttons) but you are free to use whatever skin fits your needs of course. Perhaps if you have a suggestion that the dev ( @flyingdutchman ) feels might have wider appeal to his userbase - such as offering an option to hide the visualisation controls - then he might even add some of your ideas? Max could even add it to the core PA product if he wants to - I can't see any technical reason why not, and it has been requested by one or two other users in the past.

But as for a new 'build 590' of the legacy Poweramp v2 product, or further changes to the interim alpha-test build 790, that's never going to happen. They are what they are - a snapshot in history - and if they still work for you then you are welcome to use them, but they will never have any new features added.

Andre

10 hours ago, DevilSlayerDante said:

YAPS doesn't have any acceptable GUI styles, they're all as ugly as Eric Stoltz in Mask or the humpback of Notre Dame, just like every metro/flat/material/fluent GUI I've ever seen.

Can't say I find this encourages me to delve into @DevilSlayerDante's requirements by dissecting this thread. However, if there is a concise problem definition I may look at it. 

4 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

Can't say I find this encourages me to delve into @DevilSlayerDante's requirements by dissecting this thread. However, if there is a concise problem definition I may look at it. 

While there does appear to be a, shall we say, somewhat unique way of engaging people's desire to offer their assistance, the original suggestion did have some general merit. He was asking if it would be possible to add a show/hide option for the control panel at the top of visualisations in the Player screen (rather than just setting opacity to zero, which still leaves the control active if your finger accidentally strays over it):

Capture+_2020-06-26-19-53-51.png

Andre

5 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

the full screen option does not show a panel, just the fade control option

Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were asking if the panel should be additionally faded, rather than saying that it is only used in the 'Fade Controls' visualisation mode.

Andre

Archived