Number of tracks/total length of an album is not properly calculated in some categories (minor bug)

LABB

• Build Number: v3-build-375-uni (beta; the same error happened in previous, stable build)
  • Device: Pixel 2 XL
  • ROM: GrapheneOS / Android 10

Example with screenshots:

In Album Artists > Kanye West, the app calculates 3 tracks with a total length of 13:53 for the Yeezus album. However, up above it is calculated 23 tracks total for the artist, which does not add up (first screenshot). If you click  the album, there are actually 10 tracks, but it still displays the incorrect sum on the top, which should have been 10 (screenshots 2 and 3).

This problem does not happen if the album is accessed via All Albums list (screenshot 4).

It happened with other artists as well and I guess it's some kind of bug that happens while Poweramp is importing new tracks. The problem is not solved with a Full Rescan, and the only solution is to manually delete the artist entry and its files from Album Artists within the app, and then copying the files again to the library and full rescan.

Screenshot_20200622-001841[1].png

Screenshot_20200622-001851[1].png

Screenshot_20200622-001856[1].png

Screenshot_20200622-001919[1].png

Just to check, but have all of the tracks always had valid Album Artist tags, or have some been updated recently? A Full Rescan is meant to sort out those sort of things though, so it seems odd that a Full Rescan does not work, whereas removing and restoring the same files does.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 3:44 AM, andrewilley said:

Just to check, but have all of the tracks always had valid Album Artist tags, or have some been updated recently? A Full Rescan is meant to sort out those sort of things though, so it seems odd that a Full Rescan does not work, whereas removing and restoring the same files does.

Andre

Yup, I have double checked all my tags, the album artists are the same. The problem has happened with 2-3 different random artists, so I thought it was odd as well.

I'm a bit puzzled by that too. I've just checked a collaboration album where I know the Track Artist tag varies per track, but the Album Artist tag is always the same - which is as expected for a collaboration album. There are the correct 15 tracks shown when I view the songs list in 'Albums' mode, each showing a different track artist, as intended. In 'Album Artists' mode I still see the same 15 tracks, although displayed as being by the single Album Artist. I wonder if my choices in Settings > Library > Lists are different to the OP's, which might be causing this? I thought those settings only adjusted the text shown in the list though, not the actual track filtering.

Regular 'Albums' category drill-down view, 15 tracks:
image.png

'Album Artists' category view and its drill-down, also showing 15 tracks:
image.png:

image.png

Settings:
image.png

Andre

P.S. I don't actually like this album very much at all - and yes I know Beautiful is spelled wrong, I'll edit it. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

It is kind of strange, this error. I stopped experiencing it though, for now. And also, it seems like it's something completely random, because all my tags follow the exact same patterns, and I have checked multiple times. Also, the problem happened with both MP3 and FLAC file formats, so I guess the types of tags is not related here (id3 vs vorbis).

Archived