Add Advanced Export Playlist Settings (Relative Paths)

LABB

It would be useful to export Poweramp playlists using relative paths inside the m3u8 files instead of absolute paths. This way it can be easier to sync playlists between devices.

I apologize if there's already a solution about this, I just could not find it.

I love the app!

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2020 at 9:22 AM, flyingdutchman said:

New Playlist Manager has options to create relative path based playlist. 😃

Where is the setting for this or has it not been released yet? I sync my playlists across devices so I'm very much looking forward to this :)

Edit: Ah it's a separate app you've created. I'll take a look.

• 1 year later...

This is very annoying indeed. I listen to music on both Windows and Android and the lack of relative path (output) support has really pushed me to switch to a different player temporarily. 

It's possible to edit the playlist files myself to make them correct for both Poweramp and Musicbee on PC but having to do this every time I sync music is pretty ridiculous. 

Poweramp can read either relative or absolute path playlists, and to maximise compatibility it ignores any non-matching directory elements (e.g. C:\User\etc in a Windows-created file will be ignored, only the filename and first-level containing folder will be checked).

However you are right that if you change and re-save a playlist, PA will always write full absolute Android paths back to storage - which won't be compatible if you later copy or sync that file back to a Windows machine or other different file system. This is doubly-frustrating due to a minor bug which still needs to be fixed which triggers PA to automatically re-save a playlist file if you merely long-press on any song within it - maybe just to view Info/Tags or Add to Queue - but make no changes to the playlist at all. In your case, that would cause your relative-path playlist file to become corrupted in terms of any other synced usage, even though you didn't actually edit anything. 

I agree with you that firstly PA should not write playlists back to storage unless a genuine change has been made, and also where a playlist file used relative paths in the first place it should be saved back to storage the same manner.

Andre

• 1 month later...