Titles that start with a number or # shown incorrectly

Knarf

Hi - I love Poweramp.  Thank you for your work on it.

v3-build-874-arm64-play Full Version 64 bit

Samsung Galaxy S10 Stock

Android Version 10

Minor bug I found and I don't know if it's been there all along or if it started recently, but I just noticed it.

On songs where the title starts with a number or the # symbol (3 Legs by Paul McCartney, #1 Crush by Garbage, etc), the title shows up in the interface without the number or # and number ("Legs" and "Crush")

The files are tagged properly.

Here's a screenshot of the display for one as shown in Poweramp and also a screenshot of the tags from the file from the phone as shown in mp3tag.

Screenshot_20200617-101908_Poweramp.jpg

Annotation 2020-06-17 102014.jpg

Strange, it almost looks like you have perhaps set PA to display filenames instead of Title tags (or for some reason the tag hasn't been read correctly), see Settings > Library > Lists > Filename as Title. That mode was designed to try to interpret track numbers if digits are found at the beginning of a filename, but has been updated in more recent PA versions to change the display behaviour. What do you see if you long-press on the album art and select Info/Tags ?

Andre

Thanks for the reply.

Settings>Library>Lists...Filename as Title is off

Here's a screenshot of the tags for that song. They match what is shown in mp3tag on the computer.

20200617_123414.jpg

EDIT: Geez, that image is giant.  Sorry about that.

PS - I also noticed that "Legs" is what's getting sent to the Scrobbler (Simple Scrobbler)

Well, as you suggested the Full Rescan did the trick and now the affected titles are showing and scrobbling appropriately. 

I should have known there would be no such bug in software as great as Poweramp. 

Sorry to gum up your bug forum when the bug was me.

Archived