Add options to the main screen; "Folder Structure Button", "Play Queue Button" and "Modify Advanced Buttons"

Three options are missing.

1 - Option to add a "Folder Structure" button on the main screen.  That button already exists, but the way to access it is not easy, you have to leave the cover of the song pressed and a menu appears and there is a "Folder" icon. With that button on the main screen it is faster to access the folder of the song that is playing.

2 - Option to add the "Queue" button to the main screen. To access the queue quickly.

Note; option 1 and 2 under the Image of the song; to keep the cover clean and beautiful.

3 - Option to choose which advanced buttons to show. Sometimes I just want "Previous/Repeat, Play, Next".

1. I assume you mean this feature should add a new on-screen button to switch from your current playback method (e.g.  Albums or Playlists) to playing in Folders mode? I can't see the point in having a new dedicated button for that though, as many people might just as easily want on for Albums, Artists, Genres, etc. so that would result in a lot of new buttons Personally I think the current method of a long-press and then tap on the desired mode achieves that goal pretty simply.

2. If you are already playing Queued items, simply tap on the cover artwork and you will be taken to the Queue view where you can change the order or remove songs. If you are not, but you wish to add items to the Queue, you'd need to navigate to the song you wish to add anyway, which is much more than a single tap could achieve, so the current methods to access the songs lists would seem to achieve that goal anyway. What specific operation would you envisage this new button doing?

3. You can enable or hide the 'Pro Buttons' ( <<<, << , >> , >>>) in Settings > Look and Feel > Skins. If you want to control the buttons more specifically in order to show/hide only the outer <<< and >>> buttons, there are a few skins that support doing so (e.g. https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/17388-minimal-simple-clean-poweramp-v3-skin/ )

Andre

Thanks for the requests. What is planned is the ability to reassign 2-3 buttons on the main screen (the ones currently used for sleep timer, visualization + there is a space for one more). I guess, assigning to the Folder (and other categories) will be possible too. 

On 6/11/2020 at 3:25 PM, maxmp said:

Thanks for the requests. What is planned is the ability to reassign 2-3 buttons on the main screen (the ones currently used for sleep timer, visualization + there is a space for one more). I guess, assigning to the Folder (and other categories) will be possible too. 

I like that.  Customize those buttons, I never use the "display" and "Off time", the ideal would be to choose the boots you want to have there.  And so we can add the button "folder" and "queue".  Custom Buttons.

Understand what I say?

Are you a Poweramp developer?

Thank you.

On 6/11/2020 at 3:59 AM, andrewilley said:

1. I assume you mean this feature should add a new on-screen button to switch from your current playback method (e.g.  Albums or Playlists) to playing in Folders mode? I can't see the point in having a new dedicated button for that though, as many people might just as easily want on for Albums, Artists, Genres, etc. so that would result in a lot of new buttons Personally I think the current method of a long-press and then tap on the desired mode achieves that goal pretty simply.

2. If you are already playing Queued items, simply tap on the cover artwork and you will be taken to the Queue view where you can change the order or remove songs. If you are not, but you wish to add items to the Queue, you'd need to navigate to the song you wish to add anyway, which is much more than a single tap could achieve, so the current methods to access the songs lists would seem to achieve that goal anyway. What specific operation would you envisage this new button doing?

3. You can enable or hide the 'Pro Buttons' ( <<<, << , >> , >>>) in Settings > Look and Feel > Skins. If you want to control the buttons more specifically in order to show/hide only the outer <<< and >>> buttons, there are a few skins that support doing so (e.g. 

Andre

Customize those buttons, I never use the "display" and "Off time", the ideal would be to choose the boots you want to have there.  And so we can add the button "folder" and "queue".  Custom Buttons.

8 hours ago, Djmax060 said:

Are you a Poweramp developer?

@maxmp is the sole developer of Poweramp, everything in it is his work.

By the way Max, while you are implementing those user-definable icons for the player screen, could you also look at the often-requested user-definable swipe actions (allowing users some choice of what happens for left/right and up/down swipes on cover art, and perhaps also a few alternative choices for tap and long-press on the art area too). Thanks. 

Andre

On 6/11/2020 at 3:25 PM, maxmp said:

When I say "Folder" I mean "Folder Structure".

- Go to the location of the playing file -

The other button I am referring to is "Go to Queue".

I like to browse the folder structure and place songs in the Queue.  So if I can configure buttons on the screen, I would like those two to be added for one-touch access.

Archived