Support for screen off gestures

Hello, I'm using a Realme X2 Pro device and it supports screen off music control gestures.

The gestures supported are drawing the II sign for play/pause and also < and > arrows for changing tracks.

However it only works for the default stock music player app (understandably).

Is it possible to make it work with Poweramp?

@adsubzero thanks for the request. There is a standard Android API for controlling players. If it doesn't work for all players (may be there is an option for that in the device settings), it means OEM chosen not to use that standard API, and most probably API is closed.

21 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@adsubzero thanks for the request. There is a standard Android API for controlling players. If it doesn't work for all players (may be there is an option for that in the device settings), it means OEM chosen not to use that standard API, and most probably API is closed.

Hello, thank you for the response. There is no such option in the settings. This is the only available option, at least the only one I could find (check attachment). 

I was afraid it was on the OS side od things, but I wanted to ask if it was possible to do it via the app in any way. 

Screenshot_2020-05-26-23-20-14-51.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping the thread again, but I have been in contact with Realme about this and they said that it depends on the app and its functionality. I know this isn't exactly the most sought after feature, but I would be grateful if you ever had the time to maybe look this up. 

Archived