Looking for a particular kind of skin

Vekx92

So I'm basically looking for a skin that'll do something like this as seen in the screenshots I took of retro music player. Maybe someone has seen or has made a theme that does this.

Something that doesn't have a lot of color options outside of a light, dark and AMOLED black theme. But as far as the "now playing" screen, I'm looking for something along these lines. It's adaptive in color, pulling primary/secondary colors from the cover art of the music. Changing different elements like the now playing background, text colors possibly. Just something along the lines of what I could show. 

Screenshot_20200523-164709_Retro Music.jpg

Screenshot_20200523-164703_Retro Music.jpg

Screenshot_20200523-164653_Retro Music.jpg

Screenshot_20200523-164628_Retro Music.jpg

Screenshot_20200523-164443_Retro Music.jpg

I do like that concept of simple adaptive foreground and background colours though. Not sure how simple it would be to implement, I guess Max might have to provide the colour analysis from the artwork for the skin to use?

Andre

49 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

what is meant by "adaptive",

In the same way that the background blur effect is based on the colour palette of the current song's cover artwork, two colours (one for foreground text and one for background) could be picked to complement the current image. Very different from having every element defined in a different colour of course, it would be a very clean and minimalist approach.

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

In the same way that the background blur effect is based on the colour palette of the current song's cover artwork, two colours (one for foreground text and one for background) could be picked to complement the current image. Very different from having every element defined in a different colour of course, it would be a very clean and minimalist approach.

Andre

It really would be quite a clean yet very simple look. Hopefully @maxmp will come in and let us know how possible such a thing would be. It's kind of dynamic since it would change so much based on covers but still.

We can't have one particular adaptive color for labels, as we have same title/2nd line in the lists and we don't want those adaptive colors in the list (as list will look like a rainbow). But I guess while some sort of adaptive colors just for main screen is possible, the smooth animations (or transformations, as we transform same labels to list and back) are still required. Added to the backlog.

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

We can't have one particular adaptive color for labels, as we have same title/2nd line in the lists and we don't want those adaptive colors in the list (as list will look like a rainbow).

Yes, it wouldn't be much use in lists if each line and background was based on the associated different cover thumbnails! :)

It still might look nice in the player screen though, but not worth putting a lot of work into.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

I do like the idea of the volume bar located below the artwork. Maybe this can be swapped with the functions of the simple seekbar as a switch? As long as the waveseekbar still functions, this could offer an alternative with the volume bar not sitting over the artwork.

You could try the skin "Luminous Dark" (Mixified Pixel) or the skin Minimal Poweramp V3 (Ducktamine). Unfortunately the changing colors according to the album art is not something we have, I think Poweramp itself doesn't support it, but you could get some similar results with these skins. Also you mentioned amoled, they both have totally black background options.

You can get a similar effect of the background color changing messing with the album art blur, but since the labels and titles wouldn't change as well, some album arts might make the labels invisible...

The first picture is 4 examples of the background changing colors according to the album art, that was achieved with the album art blur options. These are nice examples but bright arts will make the white letters invisible (although you can change the labels to a variety of colors with those skins)

The second picture is a comparison between the Minimal Poweramp V3 Skin (left) and Luminous Black (right). The orange color on the left can be changed on the skin to white or a few others. Both skins are with the full black background option on this picture

The third picture is how I usually have my Poweramp. My screen is not amoled so I find the brownish colors more comforting

Luminous Black skin has a heck ton of options, you can change almost anything, so it might seem confusing at first but I recommend it. The Minimal Poweramp V3 Skin is pretty nice as well although has less options and is not updated anymore...

I can send more screenshots of those skins if you want

And it would be indeed pretty nice if the main player screen could adapt colors like the notification does on Android 8+...

20200603_221335.jpeg

20200603_221355.jpeg

Screenshot_20200603-222907.png

Yes, albumblur is a standard feature which can be switched off and replaced with over 100 different colours or a range of patterns using my $yaps$ skin. In addition there are more options to show/hide almost everything on the main ui as well as selecting different play buttons. ( not sure why it does not get a mention in theabove post?)

I use the $Yap$ skin from @flyingdutchman myself mostly. It has been updated regularly as @maxmp has added features to PA. To his point above, I use the album blur, with the background intensity set to a 25%. This keeps it relatively dark but still portrays colour tones from the playing track artwork. I have the text and button colours set to match my dash lighting in the car, and they also work well stand-alone. I have also used the @Mixified and @Ducktamine skins previously, but the flexibility of $Yap$ makes it my personal preference.

G

Screenshot_20200531-084847.png

On 6/5/2020 at 11:21 AM, flyingdutchman said:

The next release will have an option to set the volume slider horizontally or vertically or hide alltogether

image.thumb.png.28f51f065f5cc5221a7d9dfd1dbcb4cf.pngimage.thumb.png.b77247d01b27612c40725ccea14953da.pngimage.thumb.png.cf8471402938621ca9a676434cda9c8b.png

Looking forward, I hope that this new version will be released very soon, the volume bar is something essential for me in a music player.

• 6 months later...
On 5/24/2020 at 9:27 PM, maxmp said:

We can't have one particular adaptive color for labels, as we have same title/2nd line in the lists and we don't want those adaptive colors in the list (as list will look like a rainbow). But I guess while some sort of adaptive colors just for main screen is possible, the smooth animations (or transformations, as we transform same labels to list and back) are still required. Added to the backlog.

Are there any new updates concerning album-cover-adaptive skins? Is it possible to implement while combining it with the list transitions?

I would do anything to have such an adaptive skin!

Archived