Bahady30

Question about wifi speakers in combination with Poweramp

Hello Poweramp users,

This is my first post and hopefully you can help me with this.  In my current set up in the living room I stream my flac files from my Huwei P30Pro phone to a Chromecast Audio witch goes to a external DAC . That signal goes to my amplifier/speakers .It works like a charm, no complaining at all. I activate the chromecast audio in Poweramp and my vintage audio set will do the rest. Nothing to complain. With Hi-Res  headphones Poweramp is also unbeatable. 

I wanna purchase some wifi speakers with chromecast integrated for my bedroom. It will be Sonos One or Harmen & Kardon Citation One or Citation 100 speakers. To much to choose from these days....😁. My question is if Poweramp will detect this chromecast compliant speakers so I can cast my music ? I know that I can mirrorcast my phone by using the Google Home app but the sound of the casting option in Poweramp gives me a better, fuller sound in my opinion. And maybe , hopefully, I can use the very good eq in Poweramp too to alter the sound even further because the Harmon & Kardon speakers don't give you that option in the Google Home app. They advertise it should be possible but it isn't....lots of people are complaining about that. The Harman & Kardon speakers a very bass heavy so if I could alter that bass that would be perfect. Thanks in advance.

Sonos is not Chromecast compatible and cannot be streamed to from PA. Which is a shame as the speakers sound pretty good.

Andre

Thanks Andre. I didn't knew that. The Sonos One will be no option then... I didn't like their sound characteristic in comparison to the Harmon & Kardon speakers. The Citation One sounds a lot more mature but it has overpowering bass levels in my humble opinion. The intergation of Chromecast in the Citation It should make it work on paper with Poweramp but I'm not sure.... Are there any wifi speakers with Chromecast Integration that are proven to work with Poweramp? 

Streaming Poweramp audio via chromecast onto Harman Kardon Citation 500 and 300 works at my place - even though with constant interruptions for unknown reasons (wifi network?, unstable wifi connection of my Huawei p9?, Poweramp?)

If you don't have problems streaming to your DAC it should probably work.

Regards 

@GeilerHeinz , thanks for the info. I decided to take no risk and I purchased a second Chromecast audio on the Second hand market. I will connect the chromecast to a set of powered monitor speakers. I think they sound way better then what's on the market right now according wifi speakers. Maybe combine it with a google home nest and then it's as smart as a dedicated wifi speaker.