Separate Line for Genre in Info/Tags

Hi Max!

It would be great having Genre its own line for the purpose of allowing more space for multiple genres. The attached image is just one example. There are tracks/albums which fall in more genres and they appear cramped.

Thank you.

IMG_20200502_184851.jpg

LOL, you don't think having that many genres for one song might be just a teensy bit overkill? The original ID3 spec only allowed for a single entry taken from a choice of a few dozen.

For this track by the way, 'OPM' (assuming it means 'Original Pilipino Music') and 'Hard Rock' and really don't seem to fit together at all. Hmm, I'm looking into this too deep aren't I? :)

Andre

I see the same with a test song: at least half a dozen characters get cropped off the end of the first line before the remaining content is wrapped onto the next line. And the Track/Disc/Year info gets far too tightly packed too.

Andre

I wonder if as people get more adventurous with tagging :) it might be easier to just put the Genre info onto a line of its own - like Artist, Composer, etc. get their own lines?

Also, while looking at this, when there is more than one Genre description showing for a given song, I think the underlined link area should be clickable per separate Genre, rather than just as one whole long link which is probably never repeated again in that exact form. This would be so you can individually click on 'Alternate rock', 'Indie', 'OPM', etc to see other content in the same genre.

Andre

4 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I wonder if as people get more adventurous with tagging :) it might be easier to just put the Genre info onto a line of its own - like Artist, Composer, etc. get their own lines?

Also, while looking at this, when there is more than one Genre description showing for a given song, I think the underlined link area should be clickable per separate Genre, rather than just as one whole long link which is probably never repeated again in that exact form. This would be so you can individually click on 'Alternate rock', 'Indie', 'OPM', etc to see other content in the same genre.

Andre

I second, Andre! Thank you.

39 minutes ago, invaderzim said:

Thanks Max for the V. 870 update as this request was silently granted. Hope to see more improvement like what Andre had suggested ☝🏾

Yes, with track, disc, and year now spread out nicely on one line and genre now getting a separate line, all are now much easier to view. Thanks @maxmp!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived