Prevent Poweramp from forcing itself into foreground

KintrupF

Samsung S7, Android 8

Poweramp is running and I listen to my music over bluetooth. No problems there, if I put Poweramp in the background (pressing the home key or switching to another app) it keeps playing, even when I shut off the display with the power button.
But, when I switch on the display again (after putting Poweramp in the background) it forces itself into the foreground!
So each time when I switch on the display with the power button or the home button I always see the Poweramp main screen if Poweramp is playing music.
Is it possible to prevent Poweramp from doing this? It's quite annoying, because most of the time I don't want to interact with the Poweramp GUI...

1 hour ago, KintrupF said:

But, when I switch on the display again (after putting Poweramp in the background) it forces itself into the foreground!

That is not intended behaviour, when PA is in the background it should not jump to the front when you re-open the device. Just a thought, but you aren't talking about the lock-screen controls for the app are you? (Settings > Lock Screen > Show on Lock Screen).

Andre

30 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

That is not intended behaviour, when PA is in the background it should not jump to the front when you re-open the device. Just a thought, but you aren't talking about the lock-screen controls for the app are you? (Settings > Lock Screen > Show on Lock Screen).

Andre

No, I'm talking about the home screen of my phone, the screen you go to after dismissing the lock-screen. If the phone locks itself while the screen is off I'll get the Poweramp controls on the lock-screen, if Poweramp is running. But if I then dismiss the lock-screen I'll get the Poweramp GUI instead of the home screen of my phone.

Then your phone is misbehaving, that should not happen.

Could you try duplicating the problem and then go straight to Settings > Get Support > Send Log and forward a logfile? Please also PM @maxmp when you have done that, mentioning the email address that you sent it from and that it relates to this thread.

Andre

11 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Then your phone is misbehaving, that should not happen.

Could you try duplicating the problem and then go straight to Settings > Get Support > Send Log and forward a logfile? Please also PM @maxmp when you have done that, mentioning the email address that you sent it from and that it relates to this thread.

Andre

Thanks fpr your advice, I just submitted the log and send a PM to @maxmp with the originating e-mail address and a link to this post.

I just tinkered a bit with the lock-screen settings. If I switch off the "Show On Lock Screen" option the Poweramp GUI is not displayed when switching the display back on. But I still get the Poweramp controls on my lock screen, which is a bit weird 🤔

34 minutes ago, KintrupF said:

I just tinkered a bit with the lock-screen settings. If I switch off the "Show On Lock Screen" option the Poweramp GUI is not displayed when switching the display back on.

That's what I said earlier, with that extra option turned on ("Poweramp Lockscreen: Show on Lock Screen") that is the intended functionality. It's not quite the full PA interface by the way, you can't do things like deleting or editing files etc from there. As is mentioned at the top of the Lock Screen settings menu, the regular Android Lock Screen mini-controls are always enabled, as that is needed for some other functionality.

Andre

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

That's what I said earlier, with that extra option turned on ("Poweramp Lockscreen: Show on Lock Screen") that is the intended functionality. It's not quite the full PA interface by the way, you can't do things like deleting or editing files etc from there. As is mentioned at the top of the Lock Screen settings menu, the regular Android Lock Screen mini-controls are always enabled, as that is needed for some other functionality.

Andre

In my case it seems to be the full Poweramp interface, nothing reduced.
It's the same screen that I get when I launch Poweramp the first time.
I'll try to make a small video of the behaviour and attach it to this thread.

26 minutes ago, KintrupF said:

In my case it seems to be the full Poweramp interface, nothing reduced.

It looks like the full interface, but certain features that should not operate without the device being unlocked do not function until you properly unlock. Try deleting an audio file or edit tags  for example, you'll have to do your device's security unlock first. 

Andre

Well, I guess we can close this issue then, it was just a misunderstanding on my part. I'm happy now 😁

The setting "Show on lock screen" implies there is a lock-screen and it says as description "Poweramp shows itself on top of system lock screen".
But it shows each time the screen is switched on, even if the system lock screen has not yet kicked in. Maybe the wording should be adjusted?
Thanks for your help!

Archived