Jump to content

Default repeat setting for folders?


Pete C
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is there some way I can set the default repeat for folders? Every time I navigate to a folder and tap the play button at the top, it sets the repeat mode to Advance Category, no matter what I'd set previously. Is there some way I can change this to Repeat Off?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Repeat and Shuffle settings only get reset as needed when you use the Play or Shuffle icons at the top of the list views. To simply start a track playing without changing those modes, just tap on any track title and playback will commence in the current category with the Repeat and Shuffle settings unchanged. 

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The Repeat and Shuffle settings only get reset as needed when you use the Play or Shuffle icons at the top of the list views. To simply start a track playing without changing those modes, just tap on any track title and playback will commence in the current category with the Repeat and Shuffle settings unchanged. 

Andre

Thanks, but why is it "needed" to set the repeat mode to Advance Category because I pressed play? More practically, it also does this when I've set the list option to remember list position, so I want to press play rather than the track because I want to go back to where I left off - I actually use this feature a lot. I certainly don't want to change the repeat mode when I resume playing a folder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pete C said:

Thanks, but why is it "needed" to set the repeat mode to Advance Category because I pressed play?

Because the Repeat mode could have been set to Single Song, Repeat-One-Song, etc and Shuffle could be in All-Songs-Shuffle mode. When you press the Play icon (or the Shuffle one) those modes set set back to the appropriate defaults so playback will do what is expected. And the default mode of operation is Advance List (Category), so playback doesn't just stop at the end of the current folder/album/etc. 

There are some future plans to provide a few extra option for both the Shuffle and Play buttons, but for now it works like it always has done.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Because the Repeat mode could have been set to Single Song, Repeat-One-Song, etc and Shuffle could be in All-Songs-Shuffle mode. When you press the Play icon (or the Shuffle one) those modes set set back to the appropriate defaults so playback will do what is expected. And the default mode of operation is Advance List (Category), so playback doesn't just stop at the end of the current folder/album/etc. 

There are some future plans to provide a few extra option for both the Shuffle and Play buttons, but for now it works like it always has done.

Andre

Okay, thanks for the information. I don't want to be critical because this is a fantastic music player and this is a minor irritation 😀.

I've been playing with it and the behaviour seems to only apply to folders. My music is organised very well in the folder hierarchy so that's how I usually navigate. Each folder has an album in it and if I go to the album via artist and album selection and press play, it doesn't change the repeat (it stays of Repeat Off), if I navigate to the same album via the folder hierarchy and press play, it changes to Advance Category. Don't get why it would be different for folders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Pete C said:

if I navigate to the same album via the folder hierarchy and press play, it changes to Advance Category.

My guess (and I can't confirm this for sure) would be that using Folders Hierarchy mode means that when you press the Play button for a folder, there could be any number of further subfolders which would be expected to be played too, which would not happen without Advance List being enabled. As I said, that is the default playback mode anyway, as otherwise playback would keep stopping at the end of each album, artist, folder, etc.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...