PLEASE Change the new Playlist system, it can NOT sync with system playlists

Po0yAn

the new playlist system that can not sync with ANY system playlist is a real pain, it only recognizes the songs have been added through Poweramp itself.

If the reason of this change is merging the folders & library playlists, then it's not acceptable, because other player apps like PlayerPro & Meridian Player also support this feature and the playlist is recognizable for the system library. In Poweramp v2, when u make a new playlist it only works with Poweramp itself and u can't find it in for example native music app or any of syncing apps.

this can really be an issue for users like me who carry thousands of tracks in several devices and syncing organized playlists is essential for them.

Please consider this, I really love Poweramp and I've always said that it's the best player I'v ever used on any device or OS. I don't want to be forced to use another player.

You can export playlists to .m3u8 files in the Settings. The system library is gone from PA for good.

I export them but sitll native music app doesn't show any playlist I made with Poweramp. what should I do with the exported file?should I put it somewhere to be recognized by the syncing system?

and yet it's for the playlist that you just made with v2, what about 136 playlists I made through years? I import them but Poweramp only shows the names of the playlists with zero songs in them, and I checked the music folder to scan , and I erased and scanned several times and no success.

I'm sure there is benefits in the new way the playlist system works, but I failed to find any yet, only complications and adding extra work to a simple process. Would you please explain for me what is the good in dismissing the system library playlists so i"ll be informed of the benefits of the new feature.

I export them but sitll native music app doesn't show any playlist I made with Poweramp. what should I do with the exported file?should I put it somewhere to be recognized by the syncing system?

and yet it's for the playlist that you just made with v2, what about 136 playlists I made through years? I import them but Poweramp only shows the names of the playlists with zero songs in them, and I checked the music folder to scan , and I erased and scanned several times and no success.

I'm sure there is benefits in the new way the playlist system works, but I failed to find any yet, only complications and adding extra work to a simple process. Would you please explain for me what is the good in dismissing the system library playlists so i"ll be informed of the benefits of the new feature.

It's not that system library playlists are dismissed but that the entire system library is due to it's limitations - no support for many media formats, cue tracks, limited set of tags and so on. System playlists gone is a collateral. For syncing playlists with multiple devices, find music players that support standard .m3u files and sync those between devices.

I would like to see it changed so that I don't loose the playlist entries. I added 1 song last night that I noticed was missing (which was my bad), ejected the phone (Thrill 4g) from the computer, turned off USB mode and looked at my playlists after the scanning was complete only to find them all empty.

After finding the import feature, I was able to get the playlists that had been backed up from the 1.x to 2.0 upgrade (which is a wonderful upgrade by the way) and get those back in. The lists I had created since the upgrade were still empty.

Now I export the playlists, but looking at where they are exported to, I have multiple .m3u8. The original name, original name 1, original name 2. If I do another export I am sure I will get original name 3 and if I have to import them again how many lists am I going to get on my phone?

I request that if I make a playlist in Poweramp, it just create 1 .m3u8 and overwrite the existing one cuz for 18 playlists I have 50 m3u8 files. Sure they are only 2-5kb in size but really? On top of that, at least one of the Imported playlists from the upgrade (which I renamed in Poweramp) is not listed in that \playlists directory.

Please...

If I make a playlist, PA should create the playlist file automatically and refer to that when scanning.

If I change the playlist by moving a song, adding a song or deleting a song, update the .m3u8 file.

So then I had gone into my phone to look at the \playlist folder to see the 50 playlists that were created. Ejected the phone from the computer, turned off USB mode and looked at my playlists. All empty. Tried to restore the playlists and I got the Imported ones again, but not the ones that had been exported.

Gonna post this in the Bugs or Common Talk forum. Grrrrr.

It's not that system library playlists are dismissed but that the entire system library is due to it's limitations - no support for many media formats, cue tracks, limited set of tags and so on. System playlists gone is a collateral. For syncing playlists with multiple devices, find music players that support standard .m3u files and sync those between devices.

thanks for the replay and information.

still I don't see a way to restore the playlists I made before into version2. is the importing feature suppose to work like this, only importing the names and not the songs inside? or is it an issue that will be solved in the future builds?

also would u mind telling me where should I put the exported playlist (the exported .m3u8 files) I've just made with version2 so the other music apps can find and recognize them?

also another question: does version 2 save the downloaded album arts in the same place as v1?

whats the difference between album arts saved in the album_art folder and the ones saved in the selected_aa folder?

thank you in advance

Archived