weskleya

Show the remaining time of the track

I would like to see this option present in the PA, show the remaining time of the track instead of the total duration.  Note: Black Player image. Thanks

IMG-20200422-WA0001.jpg

Personally I've always felt that any time-remaining counter, if implemented, ought to replace the elapsed-time counter (i.e. on the left) rather than than the total-time value. So the useful total track length remains static for any given song, but the active playback counter could be displayed as either elapsed or remaining time. There's no point in having two ticking counters at the same time.

Andre

We could even go the Youtube route and tap on the time counter to switch between elapsed time and time remaining.

Good idea, but you'd need to be careful not to long-press on the counter by mistake as that takes you back to the start of the track.

Andre

Posted (edited)

@andrewilley Oh. Is that a thing?

Well, IMHO I think it's better to leave such an obscure function to either the play button (long press and tap) or the progress bar (swipe left).

Edited by null
being honest

7 minutes ago, null said:

@andrewilley Oh. Is that a thing?

It has been in PA since v2 I think. I tend to agree that there are probably better ways to do it (the seekbar being the most obvious) but I'm sure someone out there must use it.

Andre