Poweramp builds 867-871

maxmp

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Not sure if this is relevant, but you could try Settings > Album Art > Always Send Album Art.

I actually keep that option activated so this happens even with it on

I'll see if something changes on this build 870

On 5/5/2020 at 8:03 PM, ScarletNeko said:

The album art background on lockscreen, it has been acting strange

Well I was testing and it still happens. With or without the "always send album art", cue split it not, sd or internal memory, it's still with the exact same behavior

I might actually go back a dozen builds just to have sure, that kinda looks like a ROM thing because nothing seems to solve it

When I advance the song 1:20 it changes to the next song

Version Info ======================
Build: v3-build-870-arm64-play full verified cached
Store: Play
Unlocker: build-302
Arch: 64
Skin: ActivityTheme_Black
Device: Sony F5121 msm8952 F5121 F5121 [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]
Installer: com.android.vending (19.8.29-all [0] [PR] 308969245)
Android: 8.0.0 34.4.A.2.118 es_MX

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I8CeSnIIY2SCZowVwLTJPkT_6kenI3cc/view?usp=drivesdk

So, here am I again, this time with a different thing, but still concerning the album art

Now this is something I've observed for a while already but kept brushing it off for some reason, until now

The album art doesn't seem to show all it's quality. Even the default image for when a track doesn't has an album art looks strange, pixelated, as if it had a very low resolution or a very low pixel density. This happens with *any* album art from any track and from any format. I can confirm this as I have a lot of manually selected pictures that I keep on a folder from which I downloaded myself and they are all very high resolution, but on the player main screen it simply looks pixelated, also pictures embedded in tracks. There's also downloads I've made in the player itself

This screenshot serves well as an example as it has some writings and straight lines. Can you believe this picture is a PNG with a resolution of 1417x1417? Again, it happens with any track no matter the format, size, embedded art or not and et cetera.

Options > Album Art > High Resolution is ON

Options > Album Art > Use 24-bit RGB is ON

Options > Album Art > Send High Resolution Album Art is ON

It also happens independently of the skin used

LG G7, Stock Android 9.0.0 ROM, no root. Poweramp V3 build 870. I use my screen at 3120x1440 if it matters.

Screenshot_20200507-110602.png

18 minutes ago, ScarletNeko said:

This screenshot serves well as an example as it has some writings and straight lines. Can you believe this picture is a PNG with a resolution of 1417x1417?

Is that an embedded or downloaded image? I know PA does not normally cache images beyond 4MB, but I'd have to look up the details.  You can find the cached files in /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/album_art/ if you want to check them.

Andre

31 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Is that an embedded or downloaded image?

It happens with either, but in that message the picture was embedded

Most of my best samples has embedded pictures but I got one that is not. This one here I got the picture and placed it on my album art folder and then placed it on the song with Poweramp "select from gallery" a long while ago

It is a 3,8mb PNG with 1500x1500 of resolution and I can assure you the image itself is way sharper than it shows on the player... This also happens with lower resolution pictures

Edit: second screenshot. I have 3 versions of this art. A 1594x1594 one that is crystal clear, a 1024x1024 downloaded from the player (which is the one I'm using) and a 800x800 embedded one. I'm using the 1024x one and if I open the picture from my gallery app, it looks way sharper even being only 1024x. The leg on the R and the upper part of the door are the most visible areas

I'm starting to run out of space to share stuff, might need to backtrack my messages and delete some stuff to keep sending pictures, lol

Screenshot_20200507-115926.png

Screenshot_20200507-120652.png

@theobjr What audio focus? Poweramp will remove notification when other music/video/game app takes focus. Poweramp will not pause and will duck for short notification. These are default settings and they may vary depending on the audio focus settings, audio output and appropriate output settings. Thanks!

Update on the lockscreen album art vanishing thing

In my going back and forth to test some things I ended up going back to the current version and not restoring my settings, just straight up configures everything from zero again. And now apparently the problem with the album art vanishing from the lockscreen background seems to be gone.

I still need to test it more, but after some quick tries, the album art seemed to be always there after track changes.

18 hours ago, maxmp said:

ScarletNeko can you share your track (in case of embedded cover) or cover image itself for tests?

I'm uploading 3 sample files with embedded, downloaded from player and "select from gallery" options. My upload rate is so bad that it will still take around 30 minutes (1h30m to upload a 250mb file, that's my life, lol)

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Build 871:

• new Increase Resolution option
  • improved cover image quality for some usage scenarios
  • bug fixes and stability improvements

Wow, can't believe the difference in the cover art resolution. On my LG G8 with an OLED display they are crisp and detailed. I hadn't really noticed enough before, but this is a very obvious visible difference. Thanks @maxmp!

@maxmp 

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Build 871:

• new Increase Resolution option
  • improved cover image quality for some usage scenarios...

I've tried "Increase Resolution" option. It looks good. Didn't notice noticeble increasing of RAM usage. But some old, low-res albom covers get more... I thiink... quality?
I'll leave this option on, and tell you, if it'll break something.
Спасибо, Макс, и доброй ночи! :)

P.S. tried on Samsung Galaxy S7 (Exynos), Android 10, OneUI 2

This build fixes all the problems with album art quality, now they all appear as good as they should. The thing with the cover art being kinda pixelated I pointed some days ago are all gone now! And yeah since that happened with any picture, high or low resolution, everything should look better in some devices that might had a similar behavior as mine.

Try the option that was added on Settings > Album Art: Increase Resolution. You might notice a difference!

Hello, the builds have been great, but nothing hyped me up more than the latest beta build showing the option to increase album resolution despite the higher RAM consumption, I always thought I had to buy a phone with a better processor and more RAM to enjoy seeing my music with good artwork. But to my disappointent, I absolutely noticed no difference enabling it or not, I'm working with an Asus Zenfone 4 Max, and I disabled battery optimization for the app, enabled 24-bit RGB, etc. My cover arts are embedded and they're between 1200x1200 to 1400x1400, and they only reach 1-3MB usually. I also checked through the cache and was weirded out when I saw that the 'album_art' folder was empty (is this normal?), I embed my cover arts using foobar2K and moved my music files back to PC to check if my phone did anything to reduce the embedded quality, and it looks crisp on PC. I'm asking if anyone could provide direction where to start troubleshooting and what other stuff to enable, I also understand if the option is still experimental and may not be grasped by all devices yet. Thank you for your hard work!

2 hours ago, F4in7 said:

I'm asking if anyone could provide direction where to start troubleshooting and what other stuff to enable

Just checking, but have you actually turned the new experimental feature on? It is turned off by default.

Settings > Album Art > Increase Resolution (which is tucked away at the bottom of the menu)

Andre

4 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Just checking, but have you actually turned the new experimental feature on? It is turned off by default.

Settings > Album Art > Increase Resolution (which is tucked away at the bottom of the menu)

Andre

Yes, I have it enabled. I also made sure to restart my phone, in case some things need resetting.

6 hours ago, F4in7 said:

I also checked through the cache and was weirded out when I saw that the 'album_art' folder was empty (is this normal?)

It is, the album art files are located on selected_aa

Not sure if that can interfere but you could try cleaning your phone cache. Not sure how it works for Asus phones but should be something like "settings > memory" or "settings > system > memory". On my device, LG G7, the 4gb RAM version, the difference is absolutely there so probably RAM is not the problem

Archived