Poweramp builds 867-871

maxmp

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an odd mix, like a trifle. Started with a large compilation of English psych-folk from the late '60s and early '70s.  (E.g. Bridget St. John, Vashti Bunyan).  Added updates on that style (Six Organs of Admittance, Big Thief).  Added extensions into "soft" psychedelia (Julia Holter, solo Robert Plant), and related American Primitive-style guitar (William Tyler, Glenn Jones) and straight-up Indian ragas (Anoushka Shankar, Ustad Bismillah Khan).

The name is from "Images of Passing Clouds", a song by Gary Farr, who describes the clouds as "like a trifle."  If you get your hands on "Dust on the Nettles: 1967-1972" I highly recommend it.  

Thanks for asking.  I have a similar playlist on Spotify:  https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4e2OjcOtLGphTpxzemDd2Z

On 4/23/2020 at 9:09 AM, Red Balooon said:

Small problem with one of the two widgets I use.  The 1 X 1 widget allows me to put a playlist on the home screen and to play that playlist, randomized, just by touching the icon.  I love that feature, and have a whole bundle of playlist shortcuts set up to do that.  Since the last update, though, when I touch the icon for any playlist, the only thing that happens is that Poweramp opens to the last music played.  I tried reinstalling different playlist widgets, but it doesn't help.  I also tried turning off any battery savers or other restrictions, and that also did not work. I know this can be fixed because it was working beautifully only a few days ago.  Thanks for any help.

Screenshot_20200423-100619_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20200423-100625_One UI Home.jpg

how do you get those shortcuts and icons?

It's a widget.  Right now, it seems broken (on my device anyhow), which is why I posted.  But if you go to Poweramp widgets, you'll see a 1X1 widget entitled "playlists".  On my device (samsung note 9) you then drag the widget to the screen.  There's will be a pop-up that has a tick box if you want your playlist to play at random.  Tick that first if that's what you want.  Then on the left there is a list of all your playlists.  Tap on one of them and the widget transforms into a shortcut that (when it's working) plays that playlist with one tap.  (It's not working right now).  These shortcuts can be put (at least on a note 9) into a folder, as shown in my screenshot.  It's a brilliant extra feature that I love, and I currently miss, and I trust @maxmp  to fix it, as he's done with all the other features that have needed work. 

Because the widget is 1X1, it looks like an icon.  You can put a bunch of them into a folder.  

7 hours ago, Red Balooon said:

Right now, it seems broken (on my device anyhow), which is why I posted.

Are you using build 868 by the way? There is a bug in that release (due to be fixed in 869) which is preventing externally-launched audio files from playing - such as by tapping in a file explorer. On my device, using Nova Launcher, I am seeing the same effect when trying to launch Poweramp Playlists using the 1x1 widgets; PA launches, but nothing plays.

Andre

Build 869:

• Hi-Res output support for Snapdragon 865 based devices
  • new Follow Day/Night Mode option
  • scan performance improvements for Android 10+
  • new Migrate Data to Android 10 option
  • track provider API improvements
  • added Dutch translation

Anyone facing this kind of issue. The folder hierarchy list is not ordered in alphabetical order. I haven't done any changes in settings as well. Sorry I'm new to this forum. Don't know how to attach email through URL.

My version - version v3-build-869-arm64-play

4 hours ago, Umesh Chamara said:

The folder hierarchy list is not ordered in alphabetical order.

I can confirm the same in the build 869, 'Folders Hierarchy' is not sorting correctly, either in 'By Title' or 'By Filename' modes. Regular 'Folders' mode (flattened list) mode seems to work fine.

@maxmp A slight tangent, but I've often thought the term 'Folders Hierarchy' is perhaps a bit awkward, especially for new users. Could I suggest a really trivial wording change to use the more generic word 'Folders' to refer to the way people expect a normal drill-down folder structure to work (i.e.what is currently known as 'Folders Hierarchy'). The currently-worded 'Folders' option could then be renamed to something more descriptive like 'Folders Flattened List', 'Folders Full List', or even just plain 'Folders List' to keep it short and simple. I know it's just a minor semantic change, but I think it would be easier for when people first see the Library Categories - and existing users ought to still understand the revised terminology.

Andre

ALSO confirming the issue with the Folders.

Example: My mainstream music is sorted by artist folders. Within those, some have album folders. It tends to skip around. I'll play the final song from a group beginning in B, then it jumps over 100 songs into a group beginning with F, when I clearly have a C, D, and E artist.

What I want to see:

Start from root of a folder, go through its songs. Once done, go to the first sub folder.

Build 869, Android 10.

27 minutes ago, AskaLangly said:

Start from root of a folder, go through its songs. Once done, go to the first sub folder.

Do you mean you want a fully flattened list of all file contents and any subfolder contents (like the All Songs list works)? Or that you'd prefer to see any subfolder names displayed (and thus played) after the current-folder filenames, rather than showing at the top of the list as at present - which to be fair has always been the normal display order for just about any modern operating system directory sorting process, subfolders first then files.

The regular 'Folders' mode does sort the upper-level folder names (and thus any of their file contents) before subfolders though, which I think is what you are asking in terms of actual playback order.

Andre

I'm not sure since I've been using the app less than usual, but apparently something that happened before, then stopped, seems to be happening again now on the build 869

The album art background on lockscreen, it has been acting strange again

When you select a track, and them lock the screen, the background will be there when you power the screen on again in the same track. If the track auto advance (I confess I only tested that with the screen off), when you power the screen again, the background vanishes. If you manually advance the track after the background had vanished, it won't come back. You need to unlock the screen and select another track manually for it to come back. Then the cycle starts again. This happens no matter if the track is on the SD Card or internal memory, also both on standalone tracks or on cue sheet split tracks

I haven't noticed this on the last build, 868, but again I've been using the app less than usual since I've been more at home, so it might had happened there and I didn't noticed.

LG G7, Stock Android 9.0.0 ROM, no root, Poweramp V3 build 869. Music on a 128gb UHS I Class 10 SanDisk Micro SD

Screenshot_20200505-185523.png

1 hour ago, ScarletNeko said:

When you select a track, and them lock the screen, the background will be there when you power the screen on again in the same track. If the track auto advance (I confess I only tested that with the screen off), when you power the screen again, the background vanishes.

Not sure if this is relevant, but you could try Settings > Album Art > Always Send Album Art. It is a feature that's a bit dependent on ROM versions though (for example it doesn't work at all for me on a Galaxy A70 / Android 9 or 10)

Andre

Last night I updated to build 869 and today when I listened to my music I recognized a slightly hall-like or filter effect in every song.

Did you change anything in this direction or should I go to the doctor cause I'm hearing something that isn't there? 😅

I tried turning all effects on and off again, but after turning everything off it was still there 🤔

But anyways, I'm using Poweramp since 2016 and I love it :) 

Archived