Kudos to PowerAMP

Cire

I'd just like to take the time to thank you for such a great product. I'm becoming more of an audiophile lately and have been struggling for a long time to find an android media player that supports my FLAC files. I finally found one a while ago, but the problem was that it didn't parse tags, album art or read them in playlists at all. Just a week ago, I came pretty close to buying a portable audio player just so I could get on-the-road support for FLAC files. And yesterday, I happened to scroll through the app market while waiting for my movie to start and saw the app trial available with support for FLAC. Decided to give it a shot, and boy was I blown away.

Everything was intuitive (as any good app should be) and as soon as I opened my music folders, I was nothing short of ecstatic to see all my tags populated. It didn't read the album art from my FLAC tags, but all I had to do was drag my album art over into the album folder, and problem solved. Furthermore, I could create and save playlists now without having to resort to organizing my playlists in a folder (a rather painful workaround in my old android player). Played around with the settings and it's great to see the availability of a lock widget. I can finally pause my music without having to first unlock my phone.

One thing that I haven't been able to figure out (but will probably easily be solved by using the forum search function) is how to upload playlists. While there's nothing wrong with the built-in functionality of creating/adding songs within Poweramp, I'm just much more efficient on the computer with my mouse. I looked through the FAQ but couldn't seem to find anything on it.

Regardless, I'm very pleased with this product and this is probably the one (and only) app I'm willing to pay for. It's worth far more than $5 to me - just the cost of purchasing a solid flac-supported audio player is well over 20x the amount. Thank you sir for such a great product and I look forward to your list of upcoming new features you have in store for us.

Archived