Can't bring my playlists in

JDS

I just bought new phone & cannot get Poweramp to import my playlists.. I have put them in my music folder, re-scanned 100 times , but it just won't pull them in.

They are m3u8 files.

Music folder is on SD card, it can pull the music, but not the playlists.

New phone is Samsung Galaxy S10+ ,  Android 10, Poweramp Pro latest version

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Do the playlist titles appear but not the song contents, or do you see nothing at all? I assume you have put the <playlistname>.m3u8 files inside the same folder structure that you have already enabled for music scanning (check in Settings > Library > Music Folders to ensure all the necessary locations are ticked). And the m3u8 files are valid with contents, no corruption?

Andre

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Do the playlist titles appear but not the song contents, or do you see nothing at all? I assume you have put the <playlistname>.m3u8 files inside the same folder structure that you have already enabled for music scanning (check in Settings > Library > Music Folders to ensure all the necessary locations are ticked). And the m3u8 files are valid with contents, no corruption?

Andre

The playlist titles do not appear at all. I have the playlists in my music folder, not in a sub folder, just mixed in with my music. They shouldn't be corrupted, I had them on my SD card, which worked fine, until I transferred the SD card to my new phone. Like I said, Poweramp can see the music just fine, but won't see the playlists...

UPDATE:  I fixed it! Yay!

I put the SD card back in my old phone, scrutinized everything like it was a dead bug under a magnifying glass and found to my dismay that, apparently I am just too stupid to live...

The playlists on my old phone were in my INTERNAL storage in a folder named, of all things, "Playlists".  So I then put the SD card back in my new phone, created a "Playlists" folder in my Internal storage and copied them all there, Voila! They all came in!

Thank you for trying to help me. I'm sorry that my stupidness wasted your time

Ah, yes, if the playlist files weren't actually on the new device that would probably explain it...

You should still be able to put that same Playlists folder (with contents this time :)onto the SD Card though, in case you ever need to move it again. Just make sure if's ticked as scannable in the Music Folders checklist.

Andre

Archived