ListenBrainz scrobbling with MusicBrainz recording ID

null

First of all I want to apologize for acting like a baby last time I was here. I'm sorry Max, I really snapped. I feel particularly guilty because my feature request was fulfilled after all. I'm sorry, it won't happen again.

Now that's out of the way, I'd like for Poweramp to be able to scrobble to ListenBrainz properly. That is, by exposing the MusicBrainz recording ID of each scrobbled track to the scrobbler. I don't think any Android music player does that yet, not even the FOSS ones.

This is useful because ListenBrainz stores that information. On Last.FM all tracks with the same title are considered one single track, and multiple titles for identical tracks from different sources have different entries on Last.FM. 

ListenBrainz stores the MusicBrainz recording ID to:

• consolidate identical tracks with different titles or artist tags
  • differentiate tracks with identical names but different audio content.

Lately I'm obsessed with tagging and all my music has the proper tags for it. This is currently a very wanted feature for me. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, I'm pretty sure Simple Scrobbler, which is supported by PA, supports handling of the MBID tags so it's just a matter of exposing them when scrobbling. I don't know how to do it though and I can't code, so I don't really know if it'd be hard for Max to do so.

• 1 year later...

It probably wouldn't be hard, but PA does not generally read any non-standard tags from assorted other third-party apps - nor does it store any of them in its music database. In fact it only reads and stores a fairly small subset of the 100 or so official ID3 tags.

Andre

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

@Lexy, the app runs in the background, the only screen in the app *is* the settings screen. Once you launch the app and enter in all that info, you can simply start listening to music. I'll change the app screen to make that more clear. Thanks for bringing that to my attention

• 5 months later...
On 9/21/2023 at 10:28 PM, fnmain said:

I've made a Poweramp plugin to solve this problem! https://github.com/StratusFearMe21/listenbrainz-Poweramp It supports scrobbling any song by it's metadata, including MBIDs. It also allows you to exclude songs with little metadata. ( APK here: https://github.com/StratusFearMe21/listenbrainz-Poweramp/releases/latest )

@fnmain cheers, made an account just to say thanks for this!