Splash Screen

Asim

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

There used to be one I seem to recall. Personally I don't see the point (other than to mask longer loading times), I want my apps to just load into the desired screen as quickly as possible.

Andrei 

I think splash screen will not interfere with apps performance for example many Google apps have splash.. it's just fancy thing.. 

45 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

But as Poweramp basically loads instantly, a splash screen would need to slow it down just to see the splash. :) Would definitely need to be optional.

Andre

Yeah, optional will be fine

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 11:03 AM, andrewilley said:

But as Poweramp basically loads instantly

It doesn't load instantly for me. It takes a few seconds, unless it was already loaded in memory.

There's a reason splash screens exist: To notify the user that the app launched. I have no trouble waiting for a few seconds but it is confusing when I discover the app didn't actually launch when I touched the screen.

a splash screen would need to slow it down just to see the splash

I don't think that's how it works. It's just an image. How long could it take to load an image into the screen? I guess Max would know though.

Would definitely need to be optional.

Most features should be, so I agree.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Fitzian said:

As soon as I click the app, it shows "initializing" and then the app starts. What more do you need?

Mine only shows that after an update. Normally, even when the app has previously been fully closed, loading from the homescreen to the Player screen is pretty-much instant (just the time it takes for the animation to expand the screen).

Andre

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Mine only shows that after an update. Normally, even when the app has previously been fully closed, loading from the homescreen to the Player screen is pretty-much instant (just the time it takes for the animation to expand the screen).

Andre

Ooops. Sorry, foot in mouth >_<. I suppose I figured since I saw it the first time I was seeing it every time. Yes, even on Android 5.1.1 on X5iii it loads right up, as you said. (Let’s keep it that way, shall we?)

Archived