transferring music to pc when unable to access Poweramp on phone

kazzlh

I have to do a factory reset of my galaxy s9 plus and unfortunately I have to boot my phone in safe mode.  Obviously, it does not read any apps that have been downloaded on to it.  I need to save all my music to my pc before factory restore.  However, due to Poweramp not being recognised I cannot find where my music on Poweramp is.

Please help I have had to do this about 5 times over the last 8 or so years and each time I have had to re download all my tracks  as I could never find the Poweramp file/folder.  I really don't want to do this again. 

Thankyou very much.

Karen

Poweramp does not store or move any music files on your device, it simply reads whatever you have placed there yourself. Your music files will be wherever you saved them. 

It does have a data folder though, which saves things like downloaded cover art. That is located on your device's internal storage in /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ (note the underscore) which you may want to make a copy of.

I assume you don't have your music stored on an SD Card by the way, as that makes the task a lot easier as you can just take the card out and keep it safe until you need it again, no need to mess around with copying to a PC.

Andre

Archived