Album art not showing in Android auto

tanglingpig

I have a large library of mp3 and flac files with album art encoded using ID3 tags. The album art displays fine in the Poweramp app and in the menus of Poweramp in android auto, but not in the main song screen of android auto. I can, however, get the art to display for an entire album in the main screen if I go into the app and manually set the album art for one song on that album to the embedded art.

I can reproduce this bug in both my android auto head unit and the android auto app.

v3-build-864-arm64-play Full Version

Motorola One Zoom

Android 9

So I've found that Android auto will only display album art that is stored in

Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/selected_aa

When you select the album art for a track, it gets put in this directory, even if you select the embedded art.

Is there a setting I'm missing to have android auto display embedded album art? I'd like to not have all of the album art stored here either as that would get quite large.

Most probably this is permission issue (e.g. Samsung @ Android 10 released ROMs with no permission to pass some type of files, affecting AA ability to show images).  The use case is very complicated to test by OEMs so the tend to break it sometimes. Samsung fixed that in latest ROMs but not Motorola it seems.

Please try this build with same workaround as for Samsung activated: 

Let me know if it helps. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived