No sound when screen off

I love Poweramp and have been using v1.4 happily for ages. Today I upgraded to v2 and the music stops when the screen is off.

Either the screen turns off as normal or I press the power button to switch off the screen and the music stops in both cases.

I am using a HTC Hero running a cyanogen based Android 2.2 rom. As I said v1.4 (which I have reverted back to) works without any problems.

I hope you can help.

John.

I don't have such issue for Hero on it's last official 2.1 ROM, this is custom ROM issue. You can try to tweak Audio Thread Priority though, but I think this ROM of yours just ignores wake API and puts CPU into sleep mode (either it's specifically done to reduce battery usage or just a bug).

Does it happen for specific output type (BT, wired headset, speaker) or for all of them?

Thanks!

I have the same problem.

When I turn off the screen while Poweramp is in the foreground, the music stops and when I unlock the screen, seems like Poweramp reload.

If Poweramp is in the background while turn off the screen, Poweramp works well.

Lowering the oom value and/or set Audio Thread Priority to Highest doesn't help.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the exact same issue after updating to the new version. I have the full paid version of Power Amp running on HTC Hero running CM2.6.

If the screen times out and goes black, or if I manually turn the screen off while running the app the music stops. Furthermore it doesn't even pause the song because when I turn the screen back on and press play the entire song starts over.

Edit: Workaround - This does not seem to occur if I am playing the music through the Menu Widget.

I have the same issue. Motorola CLIQ running CM7 with Android 2.3.4

If I press play inside the app it stops playing after I turn off the screen. I can be inside the app or not it doesn’t matter

if I press play using the widget and the song starts from the beginning I can turn off the screen and the song will continue playing, if it resume the song and it was previously started with the player sometimes it stops playing too after I turn off the screen.

Thanks.

I have the same problem with my Moto Cliq. I have tested with both CM7.1 (stable) AND stock Moto Android 2.1. Poweramp ver 1.4 works perfectly with both ROM versions and Poweramp 2.X stops playing on screen blank on both ROM versions. I'm very disappointed, I am apparently stuck at ver 1.4 :(

I did report this bug when 2.0 has been released. I'm using superosr 2.3.7 (aosp & cm7 based rom).

Someone discovered that if you play the music through the Poweramp's widget, the music doesn't stop when the screen is off. And if you plug the headset it starts playing normally.

I don't understand development but it seems to be a bug inside the application. I downgrade to 1.4 as I can't browse my folders without having the music stopped.

I did report this bug when 2.0 has been released. I'm using superosr 2.3.7 (aosp & cm7 based rom).

Someone discovered that if you play the music through the Poweramp's widget, the music doesn't stop when the screen is off. And if you plug the headset it starts playing normally.

I don't understand development but it seems to be a bug inside the application. I downgrade to 1.4 as I can't browse my folders without having the music stopped.

Its don't works in CM7.1 stable .on Motorola Cliq.

I'm kinda havin' the same problem on my galaxy nexus (android ICS 4.0) except the sound does not go completely off but when the screen goes off crackling noises come on making it impossible to listen to the music.

I'd really like an answer to this issue or an update as Poweramp is my favourite app.

I have the a similar problem with my galaxy s2 and the miui rom.

Iam using bluetooth ( http://photos.techfieber.de/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/sennheiser_kopfhoerer_PX-210-BT_musik.jpg )

when I play music with normal plugged headphones, everyting is okay. same with the phone speaker.

But as soon as I want to turn off the screen, when iam hearing music with the sennheißer headset in connectet with the mobile. the music stops after a few seconds, and reloads, when I go to the lockscreen.

I have tryed the stock kernel of the rom and the syniah kernel. Also i tryed cyanogenmod 7. nothing helps !

Ps: I have tryed Playerpro too. everything is ok in normal mode, but if i want a better equalizer and activate the DSB pack for Playerpro, the music stops too!!!

I have the a similar problem with my galaxy s2 and the miui rom.

Iam using bluetooth ( http://photos.techfi...10-BT_musik.jpg )

when I play music with normal plugged headphones, everyting is okay. same with the phone speaker.

But as soon as I want to turn off the screen, when iam hearing music with the sennheißer headset in connectet with the mobile. the music stops after a few seconds, and reloads, when I go to the lockscreen.

I have tryed the stock kernel of the rom and the syniah kernel. Also i tryed cyanogenmod 7. nothing helps !

Ps: I have tryed Playerpro too. everything is ok in normal mode, but if i want a better equalizer and activate the DSB pack for Playerpro, the music stops too!!!

with the samsung stock rom, everything works.... -.-

• 1 year later...

This only happens when I am running from a widget, when I open the app I can press the power button and the songs continue to play, but if I do it from the widget as soon as the screen goes off or I press the power button the songs stop.

• 9 months later...

Yup, Blackheart32140 is correct. It's the driving mode, OR more specifically, the Google voice recognition thing. I recently enabled this, and suddenly was getting music playback stopping (and staying off) when the screen went off (either from timing out or manually turning screen off myself). 

So, if you go into the Google app, then go to Settings, then Voice. You'll see "Ok Google" Detection. Go in there and make sure all is unticked. When enabled this detects your voice from any screen if you say "Ok Google." I have noticed before that my past and current phones cannot play music AND record voice at the same time so this makes perfect sense. Sadly, the cool "OK Google" feature will have to be switched off now! Problem for me is now solved, YES! Great success! :P

Archived