Im starting to feel ill...

Gemini75

When I first bought your app, I wanted to shake your hands! As I love music and miracle of miracles, your product actually delivered as advertised! Which would be why I bought all the accessories I could at the time, along with it. Donated to "the cause" even, so I hope that affords me a little leeway here...for the rant to come.

Cause after having nearly torn my hair out, just for a playlist that will simply (for the love of god) PLAY!!..I think I've earned it. I mentioned the accessory thing for another reason too though, i couldnt afford em (all) in one shot. Ill get the rest of the skins when I get paid..but with that in the back of my head, makes me unsure if alot of the problems im having couldnt be resolved with some sorta generic skin, I dont have. Given the other 15k posts in here though, im kinda doubting it.

So im asking..(why) would ya's make it so insanely difficult, just for it to perform the most remedial of tasks, like..."SHUFFLE'!? At first I(thought) maybe it was just cause you guys couldn't help being over achievers or some shit. Which despite my rant, I would like to convey that...it (is) appreciated and all. 

But ya know what else me and these other 15k people would appreciate too though? Not wasting an entire day, trying to customize the friggin thing! Especially when the only reason I could possibly even phathom for the blatant pitfalls programmed into it, was that it's meant to be some sort of right of passage...a way to massage your friggin egos! We all go through hell to get the damn thing to work, as then we'll have earned the right to use your wonderful product?! Let alone acquire our "noob" merit badge, or whatever lame hierarchy you people got goin on in here. I aint Froto and you can keep your stupid ass rings...I just want my shit to function properly!

Which should have been as simple as buyin a boombox. I aint gonna mess the e.q. cause id just F-it up anyway. But it's mainly due to the fact, you guys did a great job with presets to begin with..so I have no reason to. Which just leaves making a play list and customizing the look of it. Well holy shit, did ya's manage to make that about as fun as ripping out my finger nails!  

To change the skin and all the little details embedded in one, you have to go (five) levels deep into that shit. Blindly change random colors, back the hell out 5 levels, to be able to see what it did! What A-hole, thought of that one?? Let alone to have no user manual to explain what the hell those colors are even attached to! 

You guys made it insanely hard, (intentionally) and thats a dick move. I know I havent gone through the proper ass kissing channels here, let alone earned my Batman decoder ring or whatever the hell...but here's 3 blatantly obvious suggestions for version 4...oh thats another thing!! Make it so you can use version 2's skins on it, as I wasted my money on obselete shit, apparently! 

Anyway...make a manual to explain all of it's entirely unnecessary features, let alone the tech-language they're written in. DONT make a player that changes it's own settings, EVERYTIME you PUSH or SWIPE something...which was the issue I had, for it to not just friggin play, by the way. And lastly...have a little "window" when people are cave diving into the ridiculous depths of that thing...that SHOWS the person making changes...what those changes actually did (in real time)!! Rather then the ridiculous trial and error stupidity, that im sure I aint the only one, who's sick of!

Other then that, like said...the amp IS awesome! ...Thankyou for (that) at least. Ill leave ya's in peace now.

@flyingdutchman

3 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

Not sure what this is all about but to change skin settings quickly, long press the hamburger icon. No need to go down any levels

Well...you guys are pretty on the ball huh, lol. Alright, I'm sorry about the rant. Alot of the frustration I experienced, could have really been easily avoided if it came with some sort of instructions though. Like (all) electronics and such do..just sayin.

You guys really did make a great amp tho, so most of that pissyness just stemmed from not being able to enjoy it. So this is (not) me being a jerk or anything but...what "hamburger" are ya talking about? 

I have the luminous black and the yaps free skins...the rest dont seem to work, even though they say they did..I dunno. 

The closest thing I seen to a hamburger shape though, was a set of lines maybe 4 or 5 (very small) that if ya hold it, it lets ya change the settings for visualizer...also very cool, by the way. Bought like 3 ad-ons for that. :)

Anyway, I think i've seen em in 2 maybe 3 different areas.. Cant remember where exactly, but I know I pushed em when I seen em. None of em brought up about changing the skins though..

Do I need an update for that or something? I seen other people posting what model number their amp was, im not sure what mine is...but I just got it like a week ago.

I was tempted to simply delete this post as it is little more than a lengthy abusive rant, but on further reading there are a few actual points hidden in there. Discussion and questions are fine, abuse is not, and any repetition will be removed.

'Hamburger icon' is normal Android-user shorthand for the three-horizontal-lines icon that you should be used to seeing in all Android apps. It accesses the app's menu for general settings. This is to distinguish it from the three-dots icon, which is for contextual settings - i.e. local to one screen of the app. Long-pressing on the three-lines icon (lower right in all Poweramp screens, it's really not that hard to find) will take you directly to the current Skin-settings page to avoid going down the main menu structure, as you have already been told.

All skins designed for Poweramp v3 should work fine (obviously v2 ones won't) but if any do not, please discuss this with the individual skin authors so they can help you out. 

Poweramp is ... well, in a word, powerful. In order to provide that power though, there are naturally quite a lot of options for you to explore. You are perfectly free to use it 'as is' if you wish, without changing anything. Or you can play around to your heart's content for days tweaking and adjusting stuff. But if it's all just too powerful and complex for you, maybe the default music app provided with your phone may be more to your taste? There is an in-app Help facility by the way (also accessed via the three-lines/hamburger icon) and there are a number of FAQ here on the site too.

There is no official full manual though, as constant updates tend to make that something of a moving goalpost. And skin settings would never be covered anyway, as they are up to the skin authors. Again, if having too many options is confusing for you, please feel free to use something simpler and less powerful that might be more to your taste. 

Andre

@andrewilley @flyingdutchman

Well...you guys really are on the ball huh, lol. Alright, I'm sorry about the rant. Alot of the frustration I experienced, could have really been easily avoided if it came with some sort of instructions...like (all) electronics and such do. 

You guys really did make a great amp tho, so most of it just stemmed from not being able to enjoy it. So this is (not) me being a jerk or anything but...what "hamburger" are ya talking about? 

I have the luminous black and the yaps free skins...the rest dont seem to work, even though they say they did..I dunno. 

The closest thing I seen to a hamburger shape though, was a set of lines maybe 4 or 5 (very small) that if ya hold it, it lets ya change the settings for visualizer...also very cool, by the way. Bought like 3 of them :)

Anyway, I think i've seen em in 2 maybe 3 different areas.. Cant remember where exactly, but I know I pushed em and all that, when I seen em. None of em brought up about changing the skins.

Do I need an update for that or something? I seen other people posting what model number their amp was, im not sure what mine is. I just got it like a week ago, though..

On 3/16/2020 at 2:35 AM, flyingdutchman said:

Not sure what this is all about but to change skin settings quickly, long press the hamburger icon. No need to go down any levels

Well...you guys are pretty on the ball huh, lol. Alright, I'm sorry about the rant. Alot of the frustration I experienced, could have really been easily avoided if it came with some sort of instructions though. Like (all) electronics and such do..just sayin.

You guys really did make a great amp tho, so most of that pissyneaa just stemmed from not being able to enjoy it. So this is (not) me being a jerk or anything but...what "hamburger" are ya talking about? 

The closest thing I seen to a hamburger shape though, was a set of lines maybe 4 or 5 (very small) that if ya hold it, it lets ya change the settings for visualizer...also very cool, by the way. Bought like 3 ad-ons for that. :)

Anyway, I think i've seen em in 2 maybe 3 different areas.. Cant remember where exactly, but I know I pushed em when I seen em. None of em brought up about changing the skins though..

Do I need an update for that or something? I seen other people posting what model number their amp was, im not sure what mine is...but I just got it like a week ago.

Thank you again, for the prompt responses...and sorry again, for my previous ravings.

I will heed your advice in the future though, I promise. As I wouldn't want the insulting of anyone's intelligence, on more then one occassion in the same message..to be misconstrued as (my) being abusive. 

...point taken, lol. 

That being said, I like your amp just fine..so if it's all the same to you guys, ima keep it around for a bit. Especially since finally having realized what ya's meant by a hamburger icon! Which would be due in no small part, to the wonderfully (detailed) description of what a "hamburger" actually is...to tech people.

In my defense though, I openly admit I suck with electronics, lol. Thankfully however, one does not need a degree, in order to appreciate a difference in sound quality. Its not only that though, I also have a tendency to assume logical conclusions about certain things. Only to find out later on, the things I assumed them of...weren't exactly forged from that premise.

An example of something that (may) fall along those lines might be, saaay...products bearing a company's name and logo but aren't actually affiliated with said company. In a highly unlikely scenario, such as that...I'll be the first to admit, the logical side of me would have dictated otherwise.

And I would have in deed..been wrong! Cause as it turned out, my reasoning for not actually knowing the things displayed at the bottom of the Amp's home screen, were actually part of the skin I applied and not the unrelated amp, it was applied to...was due to that very exact, in the box type thinking of mine.

Which, after having this startling new revelation, only served to get that logical crap goin in my head again. Like that whole lack of a manual, dead horse it keeps beating as to help explain some of these more (permenant) features to me. Which I now realize, would have been silly to make anyway...as clearly, I am the only one, that's unaware of these obvious features.

Sadder still, even if the amp had come with such a novelty item just for me, it still wouldnt have helped me to understand the ways of it's doppleganger...the power amp (skin) company! Alas, if the 2 WERE on actual speaking terms however...

I just cant help but get the feeling, I (may) have held down that hamburger icon, without having endured the shots to my itelligence first.

But I suppose the world will never know, sigh..

There's no doubt it certainly WAS a much easier and quicker way of navigating to a skin's control panel though, that is for sure! So once again, (seriously)..thank you guys! And beins I'm pretty much all set to go now, I guess I'll be on my merry way.  

Content in the notion, that maybe some of those points hidden so seemlessly amongst the jabs, just may prove uselful to ya's at some point as well! As you guys HAVE been more then helpful to me and I (honestly do) appreciate ya's! Along with the laughs that came inherent, with your equally as nice jabs right back at me!

Good to see some people still have a sense of humor and all...lol..

Thanks for making a kick-ass product!

Man, if you're this frustrated by Poweramp, I suggest you try Neutron lmao, that app is crazy, has more audio-tweaking features and more powerful than Poweramp but the UI is a hell hole.

There are also plenty of simple-looking music player out there if you're not fond of Poweramp's UI, like BlackPlayer, which is the most minimalistic and simple music player (in terms of UI) I've ever use.

The standard Android 'menu' icon that is used in pretty-much all apps (the three horizontal lines lines stacked above each other) was presumably intended by Google to represent a symbolic version of a series of text options going down the screen, but as with a lot of Material Design elements they made it rather too flat, dull and minimalistic. People thought it looked rather less like a menu and rather more like a slice of beefburger sandwiched between two slices of bread - hence the 'hamburger' nickname that most people now know it by. It is probably the most basic first icon you need to use in any Android app though, so I can't really blame @flyingdutchman for assuming that as a phone user you probably knew what he meant. 

As for manuals, they really aren't very common for apps if you think about it, most tend to just have a series of FAQs and in-app help pages.

Andre

@monkeybutt

...oh, c'mon!

I cant possibly be the ONLY jackass that had a mere few (dozen) "set backs" lol, tryin to figure this damn thing, I mean amazing.. amp out!

No worries though, my friend! Appreciated the suggestions but after all the blood, sweat and tears I've shed in these last couple days...this bitch is sooo gettin buried with me! Lol

As im happy to report, it is at this very moment, rattling the shit outta my brains with the new head set I got, in celebration of finally achieving..."good enough"!

Not only that, but I gots me some strong smelling stuff to help aleviate any trauma I may have suffered, as well. As it was as a close shave, escaping that gauntlet of musical endurance..had to crawl that last leg, to the finish line! Lol

It was definitely (worth it) though guys, thankyou..I'ma happy camper! 

I did get a box of emergency tampons though, just in case...no more rag'n on ya's, I promise.

@andrewilley

I didnt remove the tags...I dont think, anyhow? Lol, course at this point, I suppose anything is possible though. 

I downloaded the songs off a site, that offers em in MP 3/4..formats. So bein the technological neanderthal that I am, I'm not really sure what the differences between them are. I just picked the one that took up less memory to download. 

Which is another thing, when the hell did a (single) song become 4MB or MORE..to download?!? Used to have limewire a while back, I remember em bein in the (low) KB-range, then. Like friggin X-box's and whatnot...ooh, look at all the memory we offer ya's! Oh..yeh, sorry but it's also 20Gb's to create so much as a friggin save file now, too though lol. I used to buy memory cards for PS2, they were like 20MB, you could save tons of shit to a single card...sigh. 

Anyway, my anything but "smart" phone, only has about 1GB of space left to work with. That is with a bare minimum of apps and whatnot, that I put on it. I can free up some more space, once I have all the songs I have listed on Deezer, that I want. Deleting that memory whore, would save me 700MB alone! And it's only (that) low, cause I aint used it in a while. At it's worst, its around 2GB! It really (is) far better then Pandora or Spotify though, as far as bullshit licensing issues are concerned, anyway. Cause it has way more songs listed as a result AND they actually mean "unlimited" when referring to skips, unlike the other 2 aforementioned lying A-holes. But this amp and a decent song list, is all I really (need)...rest of that crap can go.

As far as sites you can download from though, that 4MB minimum one, is the only one I really know of...other then frostwire but they suck! 4MB one is organized, far more listings and im sure not nearly as virus-ridden.

When I up-load songs to the Amp from it, all the MP-whatever info, the Amp (does) have..when listing them to put in a file anyway. But listed the way I took that pic in, yeh none of that info was filled in. All the categories just said, "unknown". So I went into the tags manually for each of em and filled in the artist and song title info myself. Figured, to hell with the album info, lol. 

If ya happen to know why that is and subsequently...what I must have done wrong (of course, lol) I'd appreciate any suggestions to fix it then. As I have a shit-ton more songs, i'd like to add yet. 

Also, I did recently download that (something  .FM ) the Amp suggests but I haven't really given it's due diligence yet. Started by URL, then I got the app, forget why I stopped after that though..think was prolly cause I didnt really know what the hell I was looking at, lol.

Was like a magazine about music or something, didnt really understand the point. Though, I did like the idea of being able to see other people's musical lists. As I refuse to listen to the radio or watch tv any more, keeping up with anything (decent) that may have miracled itself onto the scene these days, has proven difficult to be kept aprised of. 

I cant believe everyone, sigh...myself included...just sat back and let "I Hate Radio" eat up every station across the friggin country. Now it's just Bob's friggin radio, all Bob's fav's...ALL THE TIME! 

Yeh, they can keep that brainwashing shit. Cause with them and the, oh-so seldom heard of, Viacom Co...assuming theyre not one in the same. Cause who the hell is "I heart radio"?? ..anyway, with that unholy union, they now own all forms of communication across this country...and quite possibly, the globe. 

So the world is gonna NEED people such as yourselves! As im a dinosaur by today's standards, it's gonna be on people like you guys, to find a way to free the internet from the tentacles of other corporate slime like Google, facebook and YouTube...before it's too late.

This amp and all it's possibilities, are definitely a step in the right direction. As keyboard warriors, are gonna be the freedom fighters of the future...assuming we even have a future by the time they're done exterminating us with that corona-virus crap, of course. 

I dont wanna go out on that type of "crazy talk" note, though.. So again, if ya happen to know why my tags didn't auto-fill the info..enlighten me, please? Or if ya's know of a more efficient site to browse some music, I'd love to hear about that as well! 

Thanks again, guys..

I wish I actually had songs that were as small as 4Mb - most of mine come in at around 5+Mb for an average 4 minute song. And if you start looking at completely lossless and/or high-resolution audio,  you can be looking at beyond 150MB for a 4 minute song. As memory gets cheaper, people find ways to fill it with better and better quality. Same goes for photos and videos. The SD Card on my phone is 200GB, and that's by no means a huge card.

Andre

@andrewilley

Jeez,

I just thought I didnt have the inside scoop on a better place to download em, lol. Thanks for enlightening about it though, saved me the trouble of searching around forever and all. 

So if it helps, here's the URL for the app I used. Aside from downloading an entire album at once, each download (song)..that i've seen anyway, is no more then 15MB. The quality is fine for most, all songs have tons of other options if not, though. Videos come with em, or lyrics, you name it.

Best of all, it's free! With extremely (limited) ad crap, f'n up your enjoyment. Really is a cool ass app, I been searching a while now...best one I came across so far anyway, thats for sure. Hope it may help ya out anyway, thanks for the reply..

[Link deleted as it has been removed from the Play Store anyway --- Admin]

*SHIT* ...I just clicked on it to make sure it worked and suprise of friggin suprises...I hate technology, I swear it. Anyway, if ya have android app store..

Its called "free music" ...a clever search term to be sure! Lol, but screw it..helped me find that anyhow!  Again  hope it helps, good luck!

Well, I think this amp has pulled it's final straw with me. Which sucks, considering all the time and money I wasted on it. That is (not) me rag'n though...just pointing out a fact, is all. 

I sent you guys the log entry stuff through an email the other day, said something at the bottom in all capitals "DESTROYED"...im no expert but that didnt sound too good. 

I clicked on a file folder, that had no business bein there. Just said "Metallica Album"..as I havent downloaded (any) albums since starting all this, much less nameless ones..it seemed odd. The folder was empty though, which a scan confirmed..more then once. Satisfied it must have just been some kind of junk file, i clicked delete. (Possibly) having to confirm it as well, but I cant remember. If I had seen "confirm" pop-up there's no way I confirmed the deletion of a single song, much less my entire **** library! In what was the quickest deletion in history at that..it was wiped in the time it takes electric to get knocked out, ya know?

I mention this, mostly as a cautionary thing..careful downloading anything by Metallica, I guess. cause I (was) just finishing up the tag info on the all the Metallica songs I had (just) downloaded. So maybe there coulda been a virus in one of em...I dunno.

The reason im bringing all this up on here though, is cause I went and downloaded pro amp...low and behold, all the songs i thought has been deleted, popped right back up. That wasnt intended to be a name drop or nothing but it does mean the problem may very well be with the amp itself, then. I havent tried power amp since then but after hitting search how many times, when it happened originally, let alone log entries with the word destroyed in it, im doubting I'd have had much luck. 

So I dunno, take your pick..either (i) happened to it, a virus killed it or the amp itself may actually have been the issue the whole time as I got some corrupted version of it or some shit. Which again, if ya knew me...all those possibilities are no worse then 2-1 odds.

Not sure how you could have deleted an empty folder in Poweramp at all, as in both 'Folders' and 'Folders Hierarchy' modes, empty folders are simply ignored and not displayed in the list at all. 

Good luck with your new app anyway, hope you are happier with it.

Andre

Gee, sorry I wasnt more specific. Yes...it (was) kind enough to leave the 3 empty folders behind, that I had put songs in. That 4th Metallica one, I (didnt) make, was left as well..when it decided i'd probably like the music contained in them, to be erased. 

Sorry I wasnt more clear about that but I figured specifics like those, would be covered in the log report no one bothered to get back to me about..or even read, it would seem. Wonder why that it is, let alone what it meant, when it said, "destroyed" 2 or 3 times toward the end there.

Welp, guess that will just have to remain one of Power Amps numerous little mysteries.Though, after having looked through some of it's ratings, I did happen to notice I wasnt the (only) one, fortunate enough to witness this particular phenomenon...like all the rest of my singular woes.

Thanks for the well wishes and all, though. Unfortunately, what I thought was my song list being returned to me however, was just some cruel illusion, as none of them would actually play. Sighting the fact another app had already taken the liberty of deleting them. Why they would even list em at all then, is beyond me..so that amp went back where it came from as well.

Tried someone else on here's recommendation about a Neutron Amp though. While the amount of settings it has, (are) right on par with the lunacy that is power amp.. A fact, he was at least kind enough to make me aware of (before) downloading it. Along with the other fact he mentioned, about it's superiority over power amp. Cause again, after having heard it..sure enough, it was in deed better!

Coupled it up with a friend of mine's recommendation, about an app his friend had made, called Volume Booster GoodEV. Which then in turn, blew the doors off everything I've heard up to this point! 

So yes, I am now (more) then content to leave this whole nightmare behind. Just as soon as I waste yet another week, replacing those obviously not power amp related, songs that were deleted in such a completely unique to me fashion. 

No need to trouble yourselves about what all that destroyed stuff may have been about in it's logs then either, of course..or any silly notions of refunding my money for it. As your snide comment about the folders it left me as a parting gift, were all the warm and fuzzy memories I care to take away from the top-notch quality of service, in perfect keeping with all things power-amp, I've received in my short time here. 

So take care, was nice meeting you guys at least. Sorry, ya's couldn't say the same.

And still we are no further forward in understanding your problem, or finding what created this random 'Metallica Album' folder (it certainly would not have been Poweramp, it has no mechanism to create or copy folders or music files). Maybe you have some sort of syncing app running that generated it, and/or wiped your other material? Your messages are a bit difficult to follow I'm afraid, as you tend to jump from one thing to another - more succinct detail and less commentary might help?

Unfortunately logs sent via the app don't come to me or the forums, so I can't check them for you I'm afraid. They go direct to the Support address for the dev to be made aware of, but checking them is unlikely to be an instant process of course. If you feel that your recent direct purchase was not suitable for you, you could try asking if it is possible for a refund to be generated by emailing poweramp.maxmpz@gmail.com .

Andre

@andrewilley

I feel your frustration, as im no further in understanding this company's channels of hierarchy, either. 

Are you with power amp or another customer trying to help me? I honestly dont know, cause none of the things im used to when purchasing a product, seem to apply here.

I bought skins from amp version 2, that apparently went defunct a long time ago. I was told to take it up with the people that made em. People that somehow, are (not) ..affiliated with power amp. 

I made a bit of a stink upon my first visit here as well, which I've since apologized for numerous times now. Even (during) the rant, cause you guys really do make an excellent amp! I still caught shit for the rant however, with no (real) explenation as to why the most simplistic of features, somehow became a 10-step process. I exaggerate, of course and completely do grasp the fact my being a technological moron, certainly didnt help matters any, either. 

To go along with my (for the most part) understanding, about why a manual explaining these little nuances, was proving difficult to come up with. Due to the amp being in a constant state of change and all. 

It was the exacting detail of the  message, about how the amp was an "ever changing" entity, that my understanding of such a concept, was made possible. Cause otherwise, how would I or anyone else, ever know that?

Which, if ya ask me, would be info worthy of the cover of such a manual! ..if ever one is made, of course.

Unfortunately, with that useful info in mind, it was then I was told something in direct contradiction to it. Along with the shots to my intelligence (that WERE funny) too, of course. That being, the hamburger icon had served this function not only throughout power amp's history but all of technology's, as well! Making that seem to me, a fairly permenant staple in the amp's design then. Worthy of page 1 in a manual..one might even say, lol.

Which is also when I realized the amp and skins used on it, had nothing to do with one another. Which then helped explain some of differences I had trouble figuring out. As to why certain features, I had left in a certain way..were no longer that way, down the line of tinkering around. 

Technological retard, im comfortable with, lol..as I'm old enough to have a reasonsable excuse for it. But not just (plain ole) retard, ya know? Cause if changing the skins has always done this sorta thing, then there's page 2 of this elusive manual...see where im goin here? Lol..

Anyway, I was mad about the songs...and the fact the amp hated me (that) much to force me to look elsewhere. Cause I really DO like it! The visualization thing alone, kept me entertained for hours! Lol

You guys are all cool in my book for the most part too, just got a little tired of the dismissive nature, imbedded in some of your replies. I was fairly pissed, there was no mention of the term "destroyed" or yes...an explenation of what that means, tech-wise...anywhere to be found in the reply.

Specially when the reply (did) get across the almost, I must be lying for not explaining precisely enough about the folders being left behind in it's wake, underlying tone of the response.

I obviously lack the technical knowhow, to explain it any better then I already have. Things about the deletion certainly seemed "off" though, thats for sure.

As I did mention though, it could very well have been a virus that did it, for all I know. Which is why I was hoping the log report may have helped you guys, to figure it out. All with a bare minimum of bitching on my part, I might add! Lol ..yet still, I was basically given the same have fun with a romper room amp if I dont like it, attitude as before.

I appreciated everyone's help and still do..but ya'l need to appreciate your customer base a little more then that, as well. Could start by introducing yourselves and what it is you guys do around here, for starters...just a suggestion, is all. A handy little apendix for said manaual too, lol..along with a manner in which to give yourselves some props, for a job well done at that! 

Anyway, if ya's ever do hear back from whatever branch it is that looks at logs, and if it's something fixable or that I did wrong...I'd appreciate hearing about it. As im certainly not un-willing to give it another shot. Just not gonna, til I know why it happened in the first place. 

Thank you, to all that tried helping me out though...was nice meeting ya's!

Not sure there was actually a question in there? I think you perhaps misunderstood my suggestion for succinct responses with less wordy commentary. If you want people here to try to help you, please make your posts shorter and keep to the specific points you need direct help with.

By the way, if you read my signature, I am a moderator/admin of these forums but otherwise just a long-time experienced Poweramp user. The developer is Max ( @maxmp ). I do however know enough to be sure that Poweramp did not create your random new folder though, nor can it delete any folders or files without prompting you, so something else must be causing this.

Andre

@andrewilley

I got an email from ya's, what it was supposed to mean, im not exactly sure.

From what I could tell, was basically that the amp didnt cause whatever it was that happened. If that's the case, im happy to hear it..

But there seemed to be a suggestive "tone" to it...as if to say, I made the shit up or something. Why I would do that exactly, is beyonde, considering I havent bothered ya's since about it.  

So for the (last) time, there WAS a folder marked "Metallica"...I didnt make it and there was nothing in it. So I hit delete...the (second) I did, the music cut off and EVERYTHING I had uploaded to it, was gone. 

Yes, except for the empty folders they were once stored in. And by "they" it was a little over 200 individual tracks, relayed from another site. That I kept bouncing back and forth from for over a week, to fill in the tags as the amp wouldnt. Not only so it looked a little more "professional" but also cause the amp cant shuffle them properly without it. So, ya know...was a little more then just a single album ya's all had fingers crossed, that I was able to safely upload this time. 

...But thanks for the well wishes. Case ya guys arent tired of me throwing these jabs back at ya flawlessly each time, allow me to deliver the knock out blow and be on my way. The "destroyed" error I said it mentioned but assured me of it's innocense without mentioning it...yet again...is at the top of this screen shot. There's more buried in there somewhere but it' not like anyone really cares at this point anyway...including me, after that last email. 

Screenshot_20200326-001331_Gmail.jpg

I'm glad you have had a response from Support confirming what I have been saying, in that Poweramp could not have created your Metallica folder (PA does not simply invent random band names on its own) so it must have been added by some other app.

When you deleted this Metallica folder, did you check that it was empty and delete it via a file manager app, or did you do it in Poweramp? Normally Poweramp would never display empty folders in its library views anyway (it's not a full file manager, it's only designed to handle music content) so I assume you did it in an external file manager app. I would generally caution against deleting folders in PA anyway, as you won't be able to see if the folder also has any non-music content or subfolder content that you might want to keep; the only content that would be displayed is whatever audio files PA managed to pick up during its scanning process.

That 'destroyed' wording in the log (as far as I know) simply means that an input method / channel - such as when reading data from a file - is no longer available or has already been closed elsewhere in the app. It does not meant that Poweramp physically 'destroyed' something, it merely refers to internal data handling processes.

Andre 

Archived