Poweramp builds 861-866

maxmp

Build 863 seems to have fixed a long-standing issue I’d had involving embedded album artwork. A few dozen albums used to have artwork unreadable by Poweramp (even when using the artwork selector from file system), even though those albums had artwork visible in the likes of UAPP & Neutron. Some albums with artwork of obscene size would be visible when others that I’d try to have fixed, would persist in their stubbornness.

but alas! All is fixed now.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, twinextralong said:

I'm going to have to test some more, but right now on my LG G7 running the latest version of Poweramp from the Play store (installed this morning), I can only play one song at a time via bluetooth, at which point the song looks like it starts over on the screen but no sound plays and the app won't respond to anything I do. If I force close and re-open, I can choose another song, then it does the same thing when the song ends. With a wired connection, the next song plays, but the app is very unresponsive and right now it's stuck with the album art and song info loading even though the track is playing, and while I can get to the EQ screen, clicking library is unresponsive.

1 hour ago, twinextralong said:

Well, it wasn't ideal, but after clearing all data from the app and reloading my exported settings, it seems to be working now. Phew.

And, now it's freezing upon the end of tracks again, but randomly. Sometimes it happens after a couple of tracks, sometimes after more, but eventually a song will end, and the audio stops while the track, on the screen, looks like it's starting over, and the app stops responding to any taps. I think I'll go back a version or two for now.

Hi

I have a library of 14000 tracks so a rescan takes a fair few seconds, as I result I manual scan only. Previous to 863 an edit of tags would be a second or two update. I'm finding that since updating to 863, Poweramp is performing a scan evertime I press save which is making a simple tag change time consuming. 

Galaxy S8

Cheers

After updating to 863 when I do a manual rescan from settings or "rescan/resolve playlists" from the "Playlist" category, the rescan never ends and causes Poweramp to somewhat freeze until I force stop and reopen app (after which the library is still the same as was before trying to rescan.) I can't select any playlists from playlist category or songs within a playlist (if I began rescan within a playlist.) Pressing the mini player to go to now playing screen glitches. Search freezes but still manages to bring up keyboard. Trying to go back to library via navbar icon doesn't work but swiping/back button does. I can still access settings tho.

When using built-in skin (not third-party) the mini player doesn't glitch out and going back to library using navbar icon works but search still doesn't aswell as selecting a playlist/song within playlist. 

Although, if I attempt to change skin or any skin settings while it's still scanning, going back to library causes it to freeze. 

It's late asf where I am in the world so I hope this all makes sense...

Samsung Galaxy S5 G900W8

Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow

18 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Bigrich66 Right, large collections generate too many stats and slow to update. This (per album/category stats) will be rolled back.

@maxmp Hi Max, Thnx for the continous developement. My library is about the same size as @Bigrich66's collection and I'm also facing some glichtches, freezes when Poweramp is scanning my library. Just to let you know. Good luck.

Hi Max. Thanks for the continuous update of this app. Since you already included to the library list options the Years and Composers, may you also consider adding Publisher? Having this option is very helpful for us with huge libraries. Thanks.

On 3/18/2020 at 10:33 PM, Zilch said:

Hi Max. Thanks for the continuous update of this app. Since you already included to the library list options the Years and Composers, may you also consider adding Publisher? Having this option is very helpful for us with huge libraries. Thanks.

+1

@Zilch This kind of things is planned in the "custom categories/sorting package". It will be possible to define a category based on any recognizable tag(s), though publisher is not the case at the moment (and probably supported by the subset of formats).

1 hour ago, Bigrich66 said:

Hi Max, Thanks for a fab app, I'm not seeing 864 in Google Play yet? 

You possibly won't for a while. The quickest way to get the latest updates is via direct download (https://forum.powerampapp.com/files/category/2-poweramp-v3-latest-releases/) then as a member of the beta-programme on the Play Store, and finally the general Play Store release.

Google have also said there may be delays with some app approvals at the moment.

Andre

Hi everyone, I have a problem with this version, well, a bug with Android 10, when I select the Hi-res output for headphones, the sound level is very soft, I have to increase the vol level the the top of I want to hear my music, even if I disabled the DVC, i'm using now a Xiaomi mi 9 lite

In Android pie (9) (redmi note 7) I didn't have that problem, I'm using now audiotrack output that sounds with a normal vol level 

Screenshot_2020-03-23-15-15-31-474_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Screenshot_2020-03-23-15-15-17-587_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

1 hour ago, Benjamin_1210 said:

Hi everyone, I have a problem with this version, well, a bug with Android 10, when I select the Hi-res output for headphones, the sound level is very soft, I have to increase the vol level the the top of I want to hear my music, even if I disabled the DVC, i'm using now a Xiaomi mi 9 lite

In Android pie (9) (redmi note 7) I didn't have that problem, I'm using now audiotrack output that sounds with a normal vol level 

Screenshot_2020-03-23-15-15-31-474_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Screenshot_2020-03-23-15-15-17-587_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Did you manually update using the apk file or through Google Play? I asked if it's the former because I also encountered the same. The fix for me was clearing the app's cache.

43 minutes ago, invaderzim said:

Did you manually update using the apk file or through Google Play? I asked if it's the former because I also encountered the same. The fix for me was clearing the app's cache.

Also resetting Settings > Audio > Output to defaults might help, especially if PA is remember the modes it enabled before an Android update.

Andre

Archived