PowerAMP v2.0 (Release)

maxmp

Not-so-good: the progress bar is way too thin (in the default skin anyway) so can't drag back to point 0:00 in a track (with my biggish fingers anyway)

Agreed 100%, I can't use the standard seek bar at all in fact, it's only a few pixels high! You can go back to previous classic style to fix this, but then other nice new stuff doesn't look so nice. Not a major worry as I'm sure skinning will start happening soon.

Andre

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@max

I am now using 2.0 release but my SRS problem still persist. Today I tested more by plugging and unplugging my earphone many times when screen is both on and off. In fact, I found that the problem is intermittent and not related to screen state. Is there anything more I can do to help you troubleshoot?

JunBringer

You can try to toggle Direct Volume Control in Poweramp Advanced Audio Engine settings. Though, DVC makes it louder, though, on some devices (to this moment only on SGS2) the volume ramp can differ to the stock player.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

I guess it just feels smaller because the graphic line is smaller, and the text above and below have been moved closer together. I'd still prefer something a bit bigger and more 'positive' to work with, but I'm sure skin editing will be the solution.

shot_1.pngshot_2.png

Personally, I'd also prefer to have the main five playback buttons to always be located at the bottom of the screen and have the title/info/seekbar panel placed directly beneath the album art (as per the 'Aluminium' skin).

So, overall my perfect skin would be the new cool coloured style generally, but with a slightly larger seekbar area and the transport buttons right at the bottom. I'm sure you're not doing much else at the moment Max, so tomorrow would be fine. :) :) :)

Andre

Re: SGS2 non stock ROMs - looks like these has modified filesystem for internal flash, which doesn't support last modified stamp, which is absolutely required for incremental scan (on reboots). There are no any issues as highlighted in this topic on stock SGS2 roms (this is my everyday phone, btw). Non stock ROMs are generally not supported by Poweramp - it's not possible to support like at least 10 roms per each phone out there and workaround their bugs, sorry. Still, I will probably add option to disable automatic scan completely - this can be useful for stock ROMs as well.

Well THANK YOU ! I've been struggling so long to get to this point.. So much wasted time to get to this conclusion while this was asked in the first post on that matter! I didn't think it would be so hard to get a quite simple option added.

I'm against most "automatic" procedures because a computer is NEVER smart. It never does what we want but always does what we tell him to do. In this case, automatic means troubles. Manual is always better controled.

And for my part with the SGS2, my ROM isn't "stock" in the sense that it's not the factory default ROM but it's still a stock ROM because it's provided by the manufacturer of the device.

How do I see what songs are in a playlist? The only way I could find was by queueing them up which leads me to my second question, how do I clear the cue list?

Also, as has already been asked in this thread, how do I keep music and non-music files separate?

Well the playlists are opening today, yesterday I could only get the menu.

That just leaves clearing the queue list and non-music files.

Thanks.

MaxMP:

After using the new release for some hours, I'm definitely very happy with it. The new features pretty much include everything I've been wanting in Poweramp, primarily track rating nad recently played and most played lists. More efficient playlist creation is a huge, welcome bonus too. The new DSP sounds even better and you've managed to cram all this functionality in without, so far as I can tell, compromising the smooth responsiveness of the previous versions. Excellent! The only small problem I'm having with the new features is that if I skip a track, it still shows up as a "play" for the purposes of the "most played" and "recently played" lists. Is there any way to add a setting that would record a "play" only if the track has been played all the way through? Or perhaps played at least 50%, sort of like the Last.fm scrobbler? Otherwise, my only problem with Poweramp had been that it seemed that shuffle/random features seemed less than random much of the time, so I'd get a lot more repeats than I'd expect. I'm crossing my fingers that this will turn out to be another improvement in 2.0.

Anyway, I hope you are compensated well by this new release. I'd definitely be willing to pay for the update, to be honest. Considering the amount of usage I get from Poweramp, getting this much new stuff for free makes me feel a bit guilty. You should absolutely either put up a donation link on your site or submit one to the Android market for those of us who appreciate your ongoing efforts and believe in paying for good products.

JunBringer

You can try to toggle Direct Volume Control in Poweramp Advanced Audio Engine settings. Though, DVC makes it louder, though, on some devices (to this moment only on SGS2) the volume ramp can differ to the stock player.

It is greyed out and says ROM not supported. I'm using an Htc Evo 3D with stock rom, not rooted. You said it differs from the stock player? What do you mean? The previous version in the market was plenty loud enough, which is why I'm so surprised by the change.

@MaxMP

Thank you so much for this update, as well as public beta versions. At first time I was little scared about new Poweramp layout and functions, but when I've found out how to change settings like replay/shuffle from player menu, and in next beta I've found better equalizer/volume options, I was more than happy. I also like that skins can be placed on SD card (I'm still on Xperia X8 with stock 2.1) and lockscreen (but I have small problem with it).

So far, these are the only things I have problems with: too sensitive track change gesture on album art (somebody have mentioned it earlier); it seems for me that "shuffle" isn't as random as it used to be, maybe that "permanent shuffle" isn't reshuffled after playing all tracks, at least for me; sometimes I'm (not intentionally) changing some options on lockscreen while trying to get my phone out of the pocket, I guess I'll have to change or disable it.

I asked you if it could be possible to make an option to change tracks with long pressing volume buttons (like on non-walkman SE phones like K770i). The thing is that I don't have any buttons on my earphones, so it would be a nice substitute, instead of getting phone out of pocket just to change track. Thanks in advance for that.

I've heard that there is some external program on market for it, but I don't have free space on my X8 (if I'll go under 21.5MB, it will stop to sync SMS'es).

Thanks for keeping this player the best.

(PS. If I could also listen to my *.S3M, *.IT, *.MOD and *.MID musics on mobile device... Ah, it would be awesome).

I was just upgraded to v2.0 on my Droid X, which is running Android 2.3.3. After Poweramp initializes, it shows my Playlist's with a "not loaded yet" message. All of my music resides in the root directory on the SD card = /mnt/sdcard/, which is not a selection within the "FOLDERS Selection" menu.

Please advise as to a work around.

Hey all and MaxMP. Great work on the new version! I installed it last night.

I have a couple questions that I couldn't find in the forums...

- I would like to hide / disable the repeat and shuffle buttons from the widget, but I cannot find any widget settings.

- Someone already asked this, but I didn't see a response. The widget pack which is an additional add-on, doesn't seem to bring any new widgets to 2.0. Am I missing somehting?

- Will the lockscreen unlock button ever be able to override the system's pattern, pin or password lock? I am guessing not, but thats ok. Just curious.

That's it for now! :)

Edit: Oh, I should mention I'm using HTC Desire HD, rooted and running CyanogenMod 7.1.0.

Edit: ...

- It'd be a good idea to change the button from "delete" to "clear" or "remove" for removing tracks from a list. Just a thought.

It is greyed out and says ROM not supported. I'm using an Htc Evo 3D with stock rom, not rooted. You said it differs from the stock player? What do you mean? The previous version in the market was plenty loud enough, which is why I'm so surprised by the change.

same for htc sensation too!! :)

Hi,

since v2.0 I've lost my DHD FX setting on my Desire S (rooted htc stock rom, Android 2.3.5).

The DHD list is displayed but nothing happens if I select any of the options.

In the stock player I'm still able to activate the SRS-Effect.

So now I'm using the Replay Gain to get a good volume output, but it's still a lot of work to find a good EQ setting that doesn't distort. Using the limiter takes away too much of your volume or I'd just use that. I wish I could just keep the EQ from the last official release and use the new UI.

Still crashes every time I try to do a search. Crashes as soon as I type the second letter of the song/artist I am searching for. Happens if Poweramp is on SD card or saved to device.

Toshiba thrive 3.1.

same here.

xoom HC 3.2

Thanks for the update, I really love this app. I am having an album art related problem though. I have folders for each artist and within that are all my folders for individual albums. With 1.4 I was able to put a jpeg file in the parent folder for the artist and Poweramp would load that image in the hierarchical folder view. With 2.0, art is only loaded when a music file is in that specific folder. Is there a workaround for this?

HI MAXMP

search function works fine when music is on tablet memory but crashes when trying to search SD card. I put one album on tab memory and switched of SD card folder and worked fine when I tried a search.

Seems like search function doesn't like searchingvthrive SD card for some reason

Thanks brett

I have that problrm even files are only on internal memory.

fokus

Log: http://db.tt/qlPyCmIu

Having really bad issues with the volume. It seems that unless I'm on the actual Poweramp volume screen, the phone's Media Volume doesn't move up and down with Poweramp's own internal volume. I had the phone's volume down all the way and I still heard music. Kind of sucks when I like to listen to music at work and need to lower the volume down in a hurry.

Archived