/storage/emulated/0/Download missing or not readable

Demelza

Hello,

I Have a question hope you can help me.

For some reason new songs are not added to the app anymore and now everytime I open the app it's says /storage/emulated/0/Download is missing.

I dont know what happend but I cany use the app anymore.

You see my playlist everything but cant play anything

What can I do know to fix it.

/storage/emulated/0/ is just Android's way of referring to the main internal memory of your device, so Poweramp has been told to look for (or had previously found music in) the Download folder in your device's internal memory. Try disabling (unticking) that folder in PA Settings > Library > Music Folders, as that ought to just be a temporary/transient folder for file downloads until you decide where to put them, not a music repository.

Andre

Even without any music files on your device, you should be able to go into Settings (from your screenshot), and then choose Library and then Music Folders. You should see something like this, which you can drill-down into to tick or untick folders to tell Poweramp where your music is stored:
Screenshot_20200211-234643_Poweramp.jpg

I have only one folder for my music, so mine looks like this:
Screenshot_20200211-234740_Poweramp.jpg  

Andre

The first screen you saw in PA was to enable access to storage, which used to be a simple prompt during first run of an app so I wasn't expecting you to suddenly see it during normal use. Has your phone recently updated itself to a newer version of Android, as those checks are a fairly recent change made by Google (mostly affecting Android 10 I though, which you did not mention).

But yes, now you have proper access to the storage on your device, just untick everything you don't need so just the top-level folder(s) that contain your music are ticked. Then do a Full Rescan to clear out any remaining issues from before.

Andre

8 minutes ago, Demelza said:

Yes omg I totally forgot there was an update 🙈

Blame Google for that one I'm afraid, they are getting more and more Apple-like in the way they are taking control of how people use and access their own devices. Freedom to use my own property in exactly the way that I want to was one of my main reasons for me going down the Android route rather than getting an iPhone.

Anyway, all sorted now, you should be fine from here on.

Andre

Archived