swipe up and down for album/folder

eternity

So i've been a long time user for Poweramp and literally just updated to v3. and the swipe up/down function for folder/album switch is missing.

Poweramp is installed onto a tablet that is installed onto the dash of the car (is why I haven't updated it in years), and the reason i even purchased Poweramp years ago was because of this swipe feature.

This is either a bug or a missing feature. Please fix.

Just to check, but you have enabled Pro Buttons haven't you? I know it means tapping on a smallish icon, which is not as easy as using a swipe motion while driving, but at least the feature is available that way. Also, some head units support buttons on the car's steering column, and it is possible to use a double-tap on those to trigger next/previous category.

However I do agree that up/down swiping for Next/Prev Category is a puzzling omission in Poweramp v3, given that it was a standard feature in v2. And this is especially true for longer tracks, where the new +/- 10-second seek buttons may have been configured to replace the category change buttons. At the moment, swipe down just does the same action as tapping (goes to Library view), and swipe up simply bounces the cover artwork a bit, both of which seem something of a wasted opportunity. Longer-term it would be a nice idea to offer some user-configurable options for up/down/left/right gestures, but for now category changing would seem to be a much more obvious choice. 

Andre

Archived