Tidal Streams

Jim23

Tidal is a subscription music provider, and rather like Spotify/etc uses its own audio processes.

PA's new streaming facility is for publicly available radio and similar continuous streams (such as HLS or ShoutCast) which provide a public HTTP URL for their broadcast service.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for clarifying this. Sorry for the late reply....what I really want is the ability to use Poweramp's EQ for Tidal. It's the only proper parametric EQ I found for android and I have a very expensive headphone hobby lol. I would pay the app 5 more times just to get this feature. It sucks cause now since I'm using Tidal I don need to get tracks but I miss the Poweramp player a lot. :(

On 3/1/2020 at 2:14 AM, andrewilley said:

There are plans for something similar to Poweramp's EQ to be released as a stand-alone product at some point in the future.

Andre

Can't wait 😁!!! An eq where you can adjust the frequency and Q factor for each band would be awesome! Nobody offers such a product on Playstore.

• 4 months later...

it is pretty simple

we need an APP that EQ's all the major music streaming services - eg, TIDAL, Amazon Music, Spotify, Souncloud, iTunes

really, is there any point to this Poweramp APP  ?????????????

Poweramp does not work for the purposes we need.

Poweramp is a waste of money actually !!

Poweramp is 10 years behind the consumer use and needs, useless  !!!

I recommend no-one to buy Poweramp until it is usable in today's streaming environment.

@maxmp

hopefully you can come up with something, then rip off this APP with a 10% build difference and release a product that actually works.

these f&*ckers couldn't give a Sh*t

so it is open slaber, no rules . . .  . create away, release and rule the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is imho . . .  lol

2 hours ago, Kroozzy said:

it is pretty simple

we need an APP that EQ's all the major music streaming services - eg, TIDAL, Amazon Music, Spotify, Souncloud, iTunes

really, is there any point to this Poweramp APP  ?????????????

Poweramp does not work for the purposes we need.

Poweramp is a waste of money actually !!

Poweramp is 10 years behind the consumer use and needs, useless  !!!

I recommend no-one to buy Poweramp until it is usable in today's streaming environment.

@maxmp

hopefully you can come up with something, then rip off this APP with a 10% build difference and release a product that actually works.

these f&*ckers couldn't give a Sh*t

so it is open slaber, no rules . . .  . create away, release and rule the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is imho . . .  lol

@Kroozzy nice rant, there is a free trial that let's you make a decision without an investment. PA works fine for the 50M+ others that downloaded it and use it for their local music files, hi-res or otherwise. There are plenty of other streaming apps that do exactly what they are supposed to do as well, and don't suit my needs. I don't buy them.

3 hours ago, Kroozzy said:

Well you apparently do at any rate. I never use them personally, my music is my own and I keep it exactly where I want it to be - rather than leaving access to the whim of an an internet connection and online services that might not even be around next year.

But hey no one is forcing you to buy Poweramp after the free trial period if it doesn't meet your needs.

Duplicate posts removed.

Andre

On 3/1/2020 at 5:44 AM, andrewilley said:

There are plans for something similar to Poweramp's EQ to be released as a stand-alone product at some point in the future.

Andre

That'd be freaking awesome! When is it inbound?

What stream URLs currently work with Poweramp Streams? I tried Youtube Live Music Streams, some podcast apps' URLs and Spotify URLs as well. None worked for me. Error appears or keeps loading. I'm a noob to this stream feature as I haven't used it yet. Been a proud P.Amp user since 5 years now.

• 10 months later...

As I know Tidal doesn't work with any EQ. You have to jump out of the Tidal app. For example, to use an additional Tidal Music Downloader like AudKit to download Tidal songs on the computer. The Tidal-downloaded songs are able to be used with any EQ.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Any news regarding using Tidal and Poweramp/PA Equalizer? Especially on Android 8 :P

I'd buy subscription on Tidal if I only could EQ my earphones. And I need to EQ all of them, especially my favourite Oriolus Forsteni which desperatly needs some amping of lower registers of frequency. Sadly there are no IEMs that I can live without EQing... even Unique Melody MEST I almost bought weren't perfect...

So EQing Tidal stuff would be brilliant.

• 9 months later...

As far as I know, Poweramp does not support protected music files. So, if you can remove the protection of Tidal music, you can then import it to Poweramp. Some third-party tools like Tunelf Tidal Music Converter may help. You can have a try.