The song tags won't appear until reboot and full rescan

M Akmal

I'm having an issue while adding whole new songs into my phone. The Poweramp will recognize these but their tags won't appear until I reboot my phone and do full rescan entire storage. Do you know what's going on there?

This is my problem looks like:

Screenshot_2020-01-30-00-41-24-12_345bb2134bfb84a7decceb0b36861421.thumb.png.fbfd5eaafe39e35478bb0058b619febe.png

And this is after reboot + full rescan:

Screenshot_2020-02-09-11-15-15-95_345bb2134bfb84a7decceb0b36861421.thumb.png.9c624ec560b1b9cb2141507d3aa0ed95.png

I found a similar but not exact the same issue. I. e.:

If a folder name for the mp3 files contains special german characters like "äöü" or characters like "()" the songs will be recognized in Poweramp with "unknown artist".
Leaving Poweramp, renaming the folder to something without these special characters solve the problem immediately when restarting Poweramp.

For example folder name "The great war (2019)" does not work while "The great war" works without any problems.

I discovered this by chance because some new mp3 files are recognized immediately correct by Poweramp while others not, even after several restarts of Poweramp or checking several settings within Poweramp.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems I found a workaround for my problem.

(1.) Copy folder from external usb drive via otg and solid explorer to external sd card on smartphone.
(2.) Launch Poweramp.
(3.) Problem appears.
(4.) Leave Poweramp.
(5.) Rename the problem folders on external sd card via solid explorer to something similar.
(6.) Restart Poweramp.
(7.) Problem disappears.

So I first copy the new folders with names I only use once.
After renaming them in step (5.) everything works for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 4:49 PM, 6b6561 said:

Same thing as I reported back in May in https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/17128-mp3-tags-not-scanned-on-new-music-on-sd-card/

What device do you have and what Android version do you have on it? Android version can typically be found in settings -> About devices.

I'm Using Realme C2 running stock Color OS Lite 6 on Android 9.

On 2/21/2020 at 3:22 PM, c.s.g. said:

It seems I found a workaround for my problem.

(1.) Copy folder from external usb drive via otg and solid explorer to external sd card on smartphone.
(2.) Launch Poweramp.
(3.) Problem appears.
(4.) Leave Poweramp.
(5.) Rename the problem folders on external sd card via solid explorer to something similar.
(6.) Restart Poweramp.
(7.) Problem disappears.

So I first copy the new folders with names I only use once.
After renaming them in step (5.) everything works for me.

I had done it and it works for me.Maybe I should always do it for temporary.

I'm pretty sure that some of these issues are caused by the method used to copy files, and whether Android then notifies that there have been changes to the file system and/or time/date stamp updates. But there are also cases where new files are found by the scanner, but the tag data is not picked up (even after leaving it for a while).

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Tested it on a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running Android 6.0.1 Stock ROM. Everything works as expected.

Next test with Samsung Galaxy S4 running LineageOS 16.0 (Ver. 12.1) i. e. Android 9:
There was a problem in solid explorer when copying files containing special characters.
This should be fixed in the newest version of solid explorer.
I will report if solid explorer causes the problems in my case.

Archived