LucasBS

External playlist gets corupted

I set to scan a folder on the external SD named playlist. This folder contains my m3u8 files.

Whenever I edit this playlist inside Poweramp (add or remove a song), the corresponding m3u8 goes to 0 bytes (blank). Next time I restart Poweramp, the playlist doesn't even appear on the list (obviously, since it's empty).

Funny thing: the playlist is intact in the memory of the app (as in, it remembers and plays the supposed sequence). Only the m3u8 is corrupt and not listed inside the program.

One time I went and opened the playlist file with a text editor: the songs were there, but it was full of garbage at the end of the file. The playlist worked even *with* these stuff.

V3-build-851-arm32-play

Screenshot_20200124-170946.png

Screenshot_20200124-173044.png

Edited by LucasBS

I thought this one had gone away long ago as no one has mentioned it recently. And this only happens when you try to modify the M3U8 list within Poweramp, until then it's fine?

Andre

CLOSE THE TOPIC

I found out I had a very outdated version of Poweramp

Updated and tested. All works good

Sorry for the wasted time

Ah, sorry, I probably should have asked what build you were using. Glad it's sorted for you now anyway - and especially that the old bug has not re-appeared!

Andre