purchased verson tells me, trial version not compatible with device

Last summer I bought Poweramp for the android device in my motorhome.  We've just got into it again and Poweramp was complaining about file system something, do a re-scan.  I couldn't locate that so uninstalled the trial version and opted out of the 'beta' program.  I have got the unlocker installed, but when I open it it says it needs the trial version.  When I click install the trial version it says its not compatible with my device. How can I get Poweramp running again?  Thanks.

Its a car stereo, there's a picture of it in the last thread you helped me with:

From there I got added to the 'beta' testers so I could install the next version which allowed me to access the hamburger icon menu button.  It worked well all last summer, but now we're back for this years summer and haven't been able to get it going yet.

Ah, checking that thread you have an old Android 4.4 device. Google Play should notice this and try to install the legacy v2 version of the app, as Poweramp v3 is indeed not compatible with your device. You could try installing build 588 manually from the APK file, but you might then have issues with trying to get a Google Play purchased unlocker to work with it. 

Andre

The download version did install and unlock, thanks.

Its not usable though because I cant get to the hamburger icon, so cant re-scan.  Giving up on trying to get it going on the old device.  There is a built in music player alternative that does not sound as good, but is acceptable.

Thank you for your help  @andrewilley

6 hours ago, beek said:

Its not usable though because I cant get to the hamburger icon, so cant re-scan. 

There is an option to permanently enable the hamburger icon in v2, needed as some devices report that they have a physical Menu button when they don't. Usually there's a workaround trick on most devices that lets you get into the menu just one time in order to set the mode (such as long-pressing on the Home or Back buttons, may need a bit of trial and error to find how on your device). 

I'll move this thread over to the v2 topic as it's not related to the current product.

Andre

Thanks.  I tried long pressing all sorts of things yesterday to get it to open, but nothing seemed to work.  The closest I could get to get it working was to use a file manager app to open the external hard drive, then select one of the mp3 files, then choose open in Poweramp.  That works for 1 file, but it does not work for a full folder and the NEXT button does not take you to the next file in the folder after its finished.

You do need to get into the PA menu somehow to check the settings (and to enable the separate menu icon for future use). Android KitKat and lower devices almost always had proper hardware menu/home/back buttons, but car headunits sometimes seem to be a separate case, they use older versions of Android but without properly supporting the necessary controls. Have you checked with the support dept for the headunit to see how you are meant to use Home/Back/etc?

Andre

Archived