Library scanner adding tracks twice

_Yank

As said in the title.

If I recall correctly, it started soon after I reformatted my sdcard to exFAT (where my tracks are stored) to a different filesystem and moved the files back in. After plugging in the newly formatted card I didn't immediately run the full rescan, so my "old" card kept appearing on my library. After figuring that out and doing the full rescan, I saw that my number of tracks increased considerably, only to find that a good amount of my tracks were added twice to my library. I proceeded and done multiple full rescans and reinstalled the app with no luck. The problem isn't happening with other players.

My device is a Mi A1. Rooted with lastest magisk and running a custom Android 10 ROM, Evolution X. I should mention that I have a magisk module named ExSDcard Access Enabler which mounts that same sdcard with r/w permissions on /mnt/media_rw. I've used it before without any problem.

Poweramp build 860 (860004-ced9bb1)

Already tried that with no luck, even chose the specific directories with the music. Anything else I can provide you to help?

Once again, thanks for the support :)

edit: Just found out that the problem is only affecting one of my directories, the one where I store m4a audio files taken from YouTube videos. (Download with NewPipe)

On Android 10 direct access to files is not available anymore, but your version of Poweramp still gets access to old (previously selected folders, via media_rw) and new ones. I guess you can try to unselect folders and it will keep previous one OR reset Poweramp data, but this clears too much (you can backup/restore settings though if needed). Thanks!

@maxmp Removing the affected directory from the folder scan list removed both the original and duplicated tracks leaving me with the rest of my library (other directories within the card) which is "healthy".

@andrewilley This is what confuses me the most. Doing this shows that both tracks are the same file with the exact same metadata, path and such. Funnily enough, changing one's album art also changes the other one..

Screenshot_20200113-235409_Poweramp.png

Screenshot_20200113-235418_Poweramp.png

Screenshot_20200113-235409_Poweramp.png

Archived